Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Intro
Most game reviews seem to focus on the things the reviewer really likes, or really dislikes. Often, I want to read a review that tells me the potential deal breakers that are not masked by bias.

"The Worst Of It" reviews look at the worst parts of games I enjoy and how it impacts my enjoyment of it. I am not trying to balance the good with what can be improved, but want to give others a critical (and hopefully fun) look at what may be a deal breaker for them, but not just giving a negative review.

Triple Flips is a pocket sized set of 3 games. The games come with magnetic pieces and a slider to select the game when you open it. One game is solitaire, one is 2 player, the other is 2-4 players. These games came out a long time ago and could be purchased from the back of a comic book, or your local toy store. There was quite a variety of these with different themes. This set is the Sci-Fiction set that I still have from my childhood (albeit a little beat up).

#Plays - 18 (plus many as a kid)

Components - The Worst Of It

1. Plastic case.
- Impact - If you are rough with it, the button that closes it can break off.

2. Small components.
- Impact - They are hard to grasp as an adult and the die is not magnetic, so be careful not to lose them.

Rules - The Worst Of It
1. Rule book is small with small font.
- Impact - Just do not read it in the dark!

Gameplay - The Worst Of It
1. Each game gets a bit repetitive after many plays.
- Impact - Not much. Just play a different one with your friends. Or just play a different game altogether. At 5 minutes per game, it is not a big deal. Remember that this is just a simple travel game that is not meant to be much.

2. Some choice and strategy, but dependent upon the roll of a die.
- Impact - For a gimmicky toy/game, there is not much disappointment here.

Other Comments
I enjoy breaking this out on occasion, even after 30 years. It is not deep, or innovative, but there is some old school charm there for a few minutes. A bonus is that kids grasp it easily, and it is very portable. It is probably really hard to find, but I still would not pay more than $5 for it.

See my other "Worst Of It" reviews here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/211522/worst-it-reviews
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite part of this series was always the solitaire games. I loved that each one had at least one solitaire[-able] game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Sometimes the 2 player ones are pretty good with the right person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, truly. I have some fond memories of some duels….

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.