8 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Game seems really interesting after watching a review.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer

Oklahoma
msg tools
But looking at it on the table, why is it $90? At most it seems like a $45 game. Is it just priced high right now because it's brand new and hard to get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus S
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Where are you looking? I doubt the price has anything to do with how difficult it is to find, unless you are looking on Amazon?
The game is $46 on MM, and $60 on Canadian retail websites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first print run seems to have sold out everywhere, and this game is atop the hot list, so the price has been driven up a bit. MSRP is $70(US), however, which I feel is also slightly inflated given the components, but I won't relitigate that argument here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamegeekess wrote:
But looking at it on the table, why is it $90? At most it seems like a $45 game. Is it just priced high right now because it's brand new and hard to get?

MSRP is $70. It is currently in between print runs, so scarcity is driving the price up.

For me, the value in a game is mostly in the game play. From that vantage point, this is a great value for the $70 I paid at Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer

Oklahoma
msg tools
Thank you for the replies. I guess I'll wait until it's around $45 again. Seems like a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamegeekess wrote:
Thank you for the replies. I guess I'll wait until it's around $45 again. Seems like a lot of fun.

I'll be surprised if you can find it that cheap anywhere/anytime soon. In my opinion, it's well worth $60-70 for the "quality" of the game play (even if not the components per se).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Berentski wrote:
boardgamegeekess wrote:

I'll be surprised if you can find it that cheap anywhere/anytime soon. In my opinion, it's well worth $60-70 for the "quality" of the game play (even if not the components per se).

The reprint is scheduled for approx. middle of January. If you can wait 2 months, you'll surely get Terraforming Mars at a reasonable price,

Sebastian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer

Oklahoma
msg tools
Bastinator1 wrote:
Berentski wrote:
boardgamegeekess wrote:

The reprint is scheduled for approx. middle of January. If you can wait 2 months, you'll surely get Terraforming Mars at a reasonable price,

Sebastian

Yeah I have no problem waiting that long, between the other board games, DnD, Frostgrave crafting, I'll keep occupied. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.