Subject: Fun Party Game "Smelly Seth" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Shoemaker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
So I have been playing games and designing them for ages. This year I quit my normal job and started working for myself. My friends all told me to start making games so here I am.
Whenever I would go to play with my non gaming group we would always end up playing cards against humanity or something like it. Why you ask, because everything was too complicated and no one wanted to learn rules. So I started making fun easy to learn party games with great mechanics and a sense of strategy.
I am currently in blind testing right now with artwork being done. I was curious what you guys thought of the game. I attached the basic rules so you guys could get an idea. Any comments or questions would be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Vestal
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea.

Is there a reason for the name Seth being in the title? Can you name it something without such a specific person's name? For me I was just confused by that aspect.

I like the idea over all but it seems like a normal hit points game. You have so much health and you damage someone or heal yourself, you have just named it smell. That could be a fun direction but can you add in cards that do more than simply heal or cause smell? It seems so straightforward that it lacks the uniqueness that can make it a hit. Maybe unique abilities that each player gets at the beginning that can affect cards they play or are played against them or something? I know that complicates it but it also adds another helpful dimension.

Not to be harsh! Just my thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shoemaker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
The reason I am going with seth is because the game is modeled after s goofy friend of mine. All of the artwork will be cartoon versions of him doing all the smell and clean cards. So it just plays part to that. There is quite a bit of action cards that throw a big mic into the game also.

I have actual thought about player cards where each player would have a certain ability. I might add that to an expansion or something down the line.

I appreciate the response tho !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much different is it to Poo: The Card Game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shoemaker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It is different to extent. I can't believe I missed this game when I did my initial research. I will have some re wording to do and see what I can salvage. If not then back to my day job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.