Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you use a card when you pick it up, immediately?

Specifically, in Moria, if I play a white tree to get the book, can I immediately play the gray book card as the second card?

I have been playing where you can, but I am not sure if this is correct. I guess what I'm asking is:

Do you have to choose which two cards you play before moving the markers for the cards, or do you play one card, then move the markers, then play another card, then move the markers again?

Thanks,

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cope
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Rules Clarification: Use Card When Picked Up?
butsam (#24620),

It's perfectly legal to play a card immediately after obtaining it as long as you don't break the "one white, one grey" rule.

Happy gaming,

--Stephen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabusan
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mb
"You can decide to play either one or two cards from your hand, face up in front of you. Each card is acted on separately, before the next card is played"

Seems to me you are wrong. You gotta play both cards before getting any benefit form 'em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Gabusan (#37887),

"Each card is acted on separately, before the next card is played"

I don't see where you get the interpretation that you need to play both cards first. Also, I'm reasonably sure that the exact example of getting a card and immediately playing it is covered, if not in one of the rulebooks then in Chris Lawson's FAQ.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Octavian (#37909),

The order of the rules are that you play 1 or 2 cards as one step, then draw 1 or 2 cards or heal as the next step. Am I misinterpreting this? Chris Lawton's enhanced ruleset seems to be the same.

Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
NickB (#38006),

Quite a bit.

First off, you can either play cards OR draw cards OR heal, not play cards and do one of the last two as well as your post suggests.

As for how to play cards, the relevant paragraph is in the explanation of Step 2a in Chris Lawson's expanded rules:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/viewfile.php3?fileid=2254

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Octavian (#38047),

OK I see. I have been playing this correctly, but somehow I confused myself when re-reading the rules in light of this discussion.

Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.