GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,624 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Paperback» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trashing cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Trashing cards is briefly mentioned under "Key Words" but there is no further explanation under the phases of the turn. So, could someone clarify if a player can trash any cards they want from the remaining cards in their hand after forming a word?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are cards that you can buy that let you trash cards but I don't think you can just do it whenever you want. Otherwise, there would be no point to those cards' ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Wintner
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
infi01 wrote:
Trashing cards is briefly mentioned under "Key Words" but there is no further explanation under the phases of the turn. So, could someone clarify if a player can trash any cards they want from the remaining cards in their hand after forming a word?

If memory serves, I think when the use of a card in a word allows you to "trash a card", it's always to "trash a card from hand", i.e. a card that you drew for this turn but that you did NOT use in the word you made. And it's always optional.

Also, as I understood the designer elsewhere, he thinks it would be best to take "trashed" cards and just put them on the bottom of their respective stacks so that they can potentially be purchased again (e.g. a trashed 2 cent card would be placed under the 2 cent card pile of the Offer).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg G.
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I re-read the rules and I think the "key words" refer only to the abilities on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the other two people said, you can only trash cards if you played a card with that ability(used its Letter in a word), and you can only trash cards leftover in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.