Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: 4th edition - card guality? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are the cards better than the cards from ZMAN edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Anness
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What was wrong with the zman cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bailey
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Z-Man cards are fine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Those cards are among the worst ever made in terms of guality.

Clash of Cultures and Robinson Crusoe ZMAN ED. have terrible cards. They are hard to shuffle and if you shuffle them the artwork starts to peel from the cardstock almost immediately. The artwork is excellent but it looks glossy like it was added with a brush for painting walls.

I love both of those games but the cards are shit. Sleeves are A MUST.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
OldNews wrote:

Clash of Cultures and Robinson Crusoe ZMAN ED. have terrible cards. They are hard to shuffle and if you shuffle them the artwork starts to peel from the cardstock almost immediately.

I have had no such issues with the cards in my ZMAN Robinson Crusoe game. However, it's possible you just got a bad batch. What you said about your cards also happened to my King of Tokyo cards. Every shuffle produced separated card layers at the edges and corners. It was bad. But upon asking around, no one else reported a similar experience with theirs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dbolyard wrote:
OldNews wrote:

Clash of Cultures and Robinson Crusoe ZMAN ED. have terrible cards. They are hard to shuffle and if you shuffle them the artwork starts to peel from the cardstock almost immediately.

I have had no such issues with the cards in my ZMAN Robinson Crusoe game. However, it's possible you just got a bad batch. What you said about your cards also happened to my King of Tokyo cards. Every shuffle produced separated card layers at the edges and corners. It was bad. But upon asking around, no one else reported a similar experience with theirs.

Darin, it was a different case with my games. Yes, the surface layer started to deteriorate at the edges, but it didn't peel off. There were no separated card layers. Instead, the first layer at the edges broke to little pieces. Like little glass shards. It happened after two plays, with Clash and Robinson as well. Had this problem ONLY with ZMAN. I apologize if you misunderstood me, I'm not a native english speaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.