Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Lells
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we played a four player, Grand tour 6 stage competion the there wasn't enough exhaustion card's. Becuse you should keep half of them (rounded up) per biker, to the next stage of the competion. What to do when the drawpile is empty?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic you played 6 stages!

Did you run out in stage 6 or before? I presume you did take any cards already played and put them in a new draw pile.

If you really do run out, I don't have a good answer. Only thing I can think of is to buy a 2nd game.

Regards
Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Lells
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We run out of Exhaustion card's before, at stage 3.
But when that happend each player took one card from the out of game exhaustion card,
and put it pack in the drawpile that was empty.

Next time we are going to just keep 1/3 (r/u) of the exhaustion card's between the stages.

The cycklist's presumably rests between the stages,
so maybe that's enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not had it happen yet but I think that my samples are biased. The gamers I play Grand Tours with have generally played 30+ games already, and the more experienced the less it probably happens. Plus it isn't as if I've played these Grand Tour rules even 10 times (though I've played more than 10 Grand Tours, the rules have changed a lot).

---

One rule that we have used before (but I prefer it without) is to add a 'rest day'. Simply put this is another day where you remove half your exhaustion so you would half it twice before starting the next stage.

---

One thing though:
Are you removing 100% of the exhaustion cards that have been played? You should.

Example:
You end a stage with 5 exhaustion cards in your energy deck, and 3 in your discard pile. All 3 cards from the discard are entirely removed from your rider. Then 2 of the 5 exhaustion cards from your energy deck are removed. He thus starts the next stage with 3 exhaustion cards.

Regards
Asger Granerud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Lells
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've missed that in the rules!
Of course if you do as you are suggesting,
then everything should be in place.

Sorry to disturbe you with trivial questions.
Anyway we like your game tremendously.

Keep up the good work.
And quit your ordinary dayjob,
make game's all the time.

All the Best.
Mikael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't apologize for asking questions. If I am ever lucky enough that we will get a Grand Tour expansion pack, then these questions asked here will be very helpful to me in getting the rules 98% right (instead of 95% which is the ordinary realistic goal...).

And so happy you're liking it. I played it 3 days last week myself, so I'm in the same boat

My day job is running a company that distributes board games in Scandinavia (Spilbræt.dk), and having 2000+ different titles in my warehouse is to cool to quit

Regards
Asger Granerud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.