Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Korreck
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I warp into combat, do I exit warp and place my ship/fleet in the adjacent sector on the space lane? Thanks again in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hqbwk wrote:
When I warp into combat, do I exit warp and place my ship/fleet in the adjacent sector on the space lane? Thanks again in advance.
unless you have an ability that allows you to enter a rivals sector then yes you have to exit in the sector before and then spend a command to attack. remember you have to finish the move legally before you spend the command to attack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Stevenson

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You move to the adjacent space. Then, if you win, you get to make a move with your remaining ships and move in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabula Zero
msg tools
hqbwk wrote:

When in warp, your ship/fleet is not considered in play. So if you want to attack with it, you need to take the following order.

1.) Exit warp. Assuming you have the right amount of token, you can exit warp early (ie before getting in the target system) in the space lane. Put your ship in the sector adjacent to the target system

2.) Initiate space battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
hqbwk wrote:

Technically, you don't warp into combat (unless a special ability states otherwise).

"Move ship/Fleet" and "Initiate Space Battle" are separate commands.

I've noticed a common mistake many people make is to try and make the rules more complicated than they are by combining actions.

For example, in a recent game the Federation player lost a system and was forced to retreat 2 ships out of it. On his turn, he wanted to warp in a Battle Group (Fleet), have the two orphan ships join it, and then start a space battle to retake his lost system.

He couldn't figure out if the orphan ships could join his Battlefleet as he was mentally combining the move and attack commands as a single action. He kept looking in the rulebook to see if ships could join Fleets during a battle. (They can't as they can only join at the start or end of a move action). He also asked if Initiating a Space Battle counted as a move action. (It doesn't)

He then got grumpy and starting mumbling that it didn't make sense that his ships couldn't join his Fleet. It was at this point that I final got him to explain what he was trying to do and was able to explain the sequence of required actions.

Moral of the story. Always remember that the Commands are atomic. Each one must end before the next one begins. It really cuts down on the rules questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.