Subject: A couple of doubts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luca Luca
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Played several games and only now we are considering the following:

1) At the start it is permitted to immediately begin on the rondel with investor space? If Yes, paying out interest step is to be done?
2) In case that national treasury does not have enough money to pay all interest,the player who leads the government must complete the payment with his personal cash. But if not enough cash is avilable what happen? I'm not able to find it on the rules. Bankruptcy is a considered event?

Thank you for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, your first action can be the investor space.

Why would you stop on the investor space if there isn't enough money for you to get some? Just bypass the space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Luca
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Because Swiss bank can force you to stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Loehn
Germany
Dietzenbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lcuslt wrote:
Because Swiss bank can force you to stop.

Only if the country has enough cash to pay out ALL investors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Luca
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
The owner of a Swiss Bank may force nations on the rondel not to pass over Investor if its government intends to do so. However, this can only be done if the treasury of that nation has sufficient money to pay out all interest.
Unquote

Thank you Carsten and Chris; I surprisingly missed this rules statement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Schmutz
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't understood how to handle the situation (2 above) where neither the national treaure nor the controlling player have enough money to pay the players who have bonds of that country (and also when the nation's controlling player has not enough to pay each other player - which one is paid, in which order if it's the case). Does someone have a clue on that ? Should the bank pay the difference instead ?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't stop on the investor space in that case. You are not required to stop on the investor space (and pay out for bonds). The only time it is required, is when the nation has enough to pay out everyone and a person with the Swiss Bank wants you to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Schmutz
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The interests are due to all investors, so that another player can stop there to collect his revenue anyway. I don't think that the rules forbid to stop on this space, so a rule should exist to cover this specific case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.