Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: i have some questions about zombie behavior and weapons? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frost Mourne
msg tools
hey everyone
so the other day i finally received my knight level late pledge of the game
played with my brother for most of the afternoon and great part of the evening/night and we had a blast (this is the first zombicide game we play)
so as i was saying we played and we had a lot of fun, but there are still some things we faced while playing and we quite understand how to resolve them.

(these are not scenes from our games they i just recreated them to have visual support to my questions)

1: my brother ended his actions in this situation, he was surrounded by walkers 'cause he pushed his luck and was in it way over his head.
as you can see zombies have full vision both on me and my brother.
it's my turn to play, then there's the zombie phase.
if i spend all my 3 actions to make noises would the zombies leave my brother there and target me, being i the most noisiest zone on their line of sight?

[edit: nevermind this question just read the manual it says first attack, them move the zombie, but let's say he wasn't in the same square the zombies were, he was one square away from them, and i was three zone away from the same zombies, but i was the loudest, will the zombie move towards me and ignore him?]

2: how is the zombie behavior in this situation? these zombies are fresh spawned, we are in the vault and they didn't see us go in there, they don't know where we are and we kept go in and out of that vault from side to side serching (only once for turn we know that) trying or luck for a better gear
when zombies spawn on the map will they IMMEDIATLY know where survivors are and star going for them, or is interpretation of the situation a key to this game? i mean if they don't know where we are, would they just start randomly roaming looking for us?

3: this is just to confirm
say i have an hammer, it says 1 die and with 4+ you get 2 skulls.
are the skulls the damage you inflict (2 damage regardless of the tipe of zombie you are facing)or say you can kill 2 walkers with one swing of it?
3.2: regardless of the the answer of the previous question: if i am dual wielding 2 swords, i throw 2 dice and i get two 5, can i now kill 2 different walkers since i am using 2 swords? or do i just kill one but i get double the chance to get a good dice roll?

thanks everyone i really like this game i'd like to play it as it should be
(and i do apologize for my english skills)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1edit version) In this case, the Zombies would prioritise the louder Zone. Note that if they could only see one of you, that Zone would be their priority.

2: In the case the Zombies can't see any Survivors, they will head to the noisiest Zone on the map. In this case, it is the Vault Zone. The Zombies know this and will find the shortest path to get to the Vault Zone. Zombies can indeed enter Vaults and will even route their shortest path through a Vault if that is the shortest way to get to the target Zone.

3: You refer to the Damage value. Each hit of the attack inflicts that damage. This means you can only hit one Zombie with a single swing of a single Hammer. The reason why damage is important is that some Zombies are immune to weaker weapons. Fatties require 2 damage from a single hit to be killed, so a Hammer can kill them, while a Great Sword rolling 5 dice and possibly earning 5 hits can't kill a Fatty regardless of the number of hits.

3.2: Dual wielding gives you twice as many dice and whenever rolling dice, every success means 1 hit on a single Zombie. So yes, you can kill two Walkers with Dual-wielded Short Swords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frost Mourne
msg tools
thank you very much for your answer

regarding this:

Clipper wrote:

3.2: Dual wielding gives you twice as many dice and whenever rolling dice, every success means 1 hit on a single Zombie. So yes, you can kill two Walkers with Dual-wielded Short Swords.

let's say i have an hammer on one hand (1 die, 2 damages) and a dagger on the other hand, which makes me gain +1 die on the hammer
i roll 2 dice and get two fours
DO i now kill two walkers with one hammer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frost Mourne
msg tools
also when i draw spawning card for inside a building, if a necromancer is drawn do i have to place a necromancer spawning tile in that room? will it keep spawning other zombies each turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mourne wrote:
let's say i have an hammer on one hand (1 die, 2 damages) and a dagger on the other hand, which makes me gain +1 die on the hammer
i roll 2 dice and get two fours
DO i now kill two walkers with one hammer?

Yes. You could also kill two Fatties, as both hits have the damage value of 2. Whenever rolling dice in an attack (for whatever reason), the number of successes will be the number of hits.

mourne wrote:
also when i draw spawning card for inside a building, if a necromancer is drawn do i have to place a necromancer spawning tile in that room? will it keep spawning other zombies each turn?

Yes and yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frost Mourne
msg tools
thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.