Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first full game yesterday and scored 100 VPs when the game ended at the end of era 6.

Does anyone know what a game should score by that era to be considered successful?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petras Ra┼żanskas
Lithuania
Kaunas
Kauno apskritis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a very good question. Up to now I was playing only scenarios, thus "a good score" equals "enough to win" for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My recent game just ended after era 6 with a score of 70. I coudn't keep my population up at all during ear 6 at all.
My population was first weakened by famine, then an epidenic raged unchecked through the empire. Bandits swarmed from the desert to finally grind my empire to dust. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Jarratt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played 2 games so far.

1st time I completed the 8 eras but only ended up with 98 VPs - there was never any hope of building Wonders.

In the 2nd game, I failed the check to move into the 6th era and finished with 56 VPs. My downfall was a terrible bout of Corruption in era 3 from which I never really recovered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5th game -

Ended after Era 8
Final Score 114

The first three Eras went by pretty well with events being the pretty minor. (Sandstorm, Volcano or Earthquake in zones with only one tribe usually and no cities yet laugh

I was able to keep my city AVs up and have a large enough population to have quite a few advances working for me to decrease the effect of some of the work Events. The high point for me was mid Era 7 with 16 AVs availible amongst my 7 cities.

I barely made the transition from Era 7 to 8. Drew the last card for Event (Bandits), Era Check OK with 8 Cities. Continue with Bandits, and end up decimating the city in Active Region.

The final Era was hell on the City AVs with Corruption as one event (Reduce City AVs) followed by Anarchy (if tribes > AVs reduce both until tribes < AVs) the next. This cycle repeated itself and at my low point in Era 8 I was down to 5 cities with 8 AVs between them.

The game took a few hrs to complete and I ended with the following (order acquired as best I can remember):
Masonry, Agriculture, Fishing, Cartage, Mining, Metalworking, Coinage, Horticulture, Engineering, Irrigation, Architecture, Literacy, Medicine, Art, Theater, Patronage and 13AVs

No wonders and if truth be told, I never even thought about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls