Subject: Expansions...... which to buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hector Marquez

Watsonviile
California
msg tools
mb
I own Black Plague base set and Wolfsburg. My question is which of the smaller expansions should I get next. I can probably afford 3-4. Any help would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crows, archers and bosses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
Crows, archers and bosses

In reverse order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
azulpilar316 wrote:
I own Black Plague base set and Wolfsburg. My question is which of the smaller expansions should I get next. I can probably afford 3-4. Any help would be appreciated.

Already answered here, and here, and probably other such threads...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hector -

If you want more variety , zombies -

Archers
Bosses

The crowes have been hit or miss for a lot and I did not want them. I also hear that the BP Crowz and the standard Zcide Crowz are the same? I could be wrong though.

Add the Hero box if you want more heroes

Special Boxes -

Look for a couple that have extra cards and a couple have characters that can be used as Necromancers as well, which I feel really adds to the game as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
I bought the crows. I found they worked quite well as they kind of fly into your zone and then let you hack them apart. Not as dangerous as wolves.

I tried the archers and just found them to be a bit insane.

Getting some of the guest boxes isn't a bad idea as they have some cool heroes but i wouldn't get too many unless you are made of money as you can only use so many heroes at once

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Bosses, Archers and any hero pack with extra necros.... oh heck, just buy them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely get the Zombie Bosses box, those abombs are great, I found the Troll abomb to be especially fun, because he brings back the need for the torch/bile combo.

Definitely get the Hero box 1, it has four extra dash boards in it, and will let you play some insane games!

I strongly recommend the Crowz and the Deadeye Walkers. They add some great dynamics to the game. The crowz are easy to defeat, but they can hold you up at the worst moments and turn a sure victory into a fight for survival really quickly! The deadeye walkers are great because they cut off lanes of escape, with a guaranteed hit and a range of three, you'd better plan your moves accordingly!

Also fun, are the NPC's boxes one and two. They have extra vault weapons in them and give you the ability to get a free vault weapon for collecting them.

Lastly, if you're looking for variety, the other hero boxes. I have a hard time recommending them as in each box there is at least one that is a total waste of time, but there are some gems out there. Do some research here before picking them up, so you don't have any surprises.

I hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.