Subject: Deep Madness Vs Gears of War rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While watching the play through videos of DM, I was expecting to see an obvious resemblance with Zombicide/MoM but, for some reason, it's GoW that came in my mind the whole time.

I'm not a fan of Zombicide but I really like Gears of War and the videos gave me the impression that, if done right, this could become a GoW killer.

Any input on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see the comparison at all. What stands out in Gears of War is the cards as actions and health mechanic. Fireteam Zero shares that mechanic so they are the games that get compared all the time.

The map layouts are very different as well, as GoW has narrow corridors and uses cover as a major factor on the maps. At this point, DM doesn't seem to have any interacting elements on the tiles aside from the search cards in scenario one.

I just don't see it. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fair enough, no harm done.

I wasn't talking about the technical similarities of both games but about the itch that they (seem to) scratch.
I played my fair share of tactical "Ameritrash" type of games and that's the one that came up when I watched the video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
speaking of "itch". it actually reminds me more of Doom the boardgame... I hope it will be as difficult as that one! My group had enough of boardgames that are "too easy" in the sense of "not challenging enough" to win, not to learn the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.