Subject: Face up discard pile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sang Min Kim
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
Hi, I was reading a rulebook and got confused a bit.

The rulebook says "At the end of the Distribution round, the remaining cards in the Courtyard form a new face-up Discard pile."

And when it comes to Two-pack action, it says "the player draws 2 action cards from the pile and places them face up in front of him, so that all other players can see them. He can choose to keep 0,1, or 2 of these cards;"

Here are my questions:

1. Does he draw 2 cards face down or face up?

2. If face up, does he choose what to take?

3. If he does, what's the point of choosing to keep 0, 1, or 2 ?

I'm confused . How do you guys do Two pack action?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two pack action is a way to get extra cards.

You draw two cards from the draw pile (not the discard pile), you place them on the table and decide which, if any, you want to keep.

1. If you keep none, then you just toss them into the discard pile.
2. If you keep one, put it where it belongs among your other cards.
3. If you keep both, decide which one is on top and which is underneath. Once the card on top is discarded, you'll place the one that was underneath in it's appropriate place.

Go watch about 1 minute of Rahdo's Run Through starting at this point and you'll see how to handle them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkgvVb9AKgo&feature=youtu.be...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You draw 2 cards from the face down pile (the draw pile) and then turn them face up. Then choose to keep 0, 1, or 2 of the cards.

If you choose to keep 0 cards (remember, certain card types will effect the cost of future two-packs, or will alter the payment of the one-time customers, or will cost money if they are extra fields), then place them both face up on the discard pile.

If you choose 1 card, place it in your tableau as normal, and discard the other one face up into the discard pile.

If you choose 2 cards, you must decide which one you will use first. This card goes on top of the other card, and placed in the section of your tableau as the top card dictates. Once the top card is fulfilled or completed (customer is fulfilled, helper is used, market stall or field is emptied), than the card gets discarded as normal and the bottom card now comes into play and gets placed in your tableau based on its type. You can now use this second card as normal.

When choosing two cards, if either one (or both) is an extra field, you must pay their costs immediately, even if the field is the bottom card. You must pay for it now, not when it comes into play. There is no time limit as to when the first card has to be used to bring the second card into play. If the top card is a market stall or helper, you do not include the bottom card when determining the price of a two-pack action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sang Min Kim
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
How stupid am I !!! I thought it was from discard pile for some reason.

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.