C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of Saar's racial ability is to get a free TG when it "acquires a new planet". Question is what is a "new planet"?

1. Obviously when Saar acquires/annex a neutral planet, that's a new planet - gets 1 TG

2. What if he takes over a planet owned by another player - is that considered new? We played that Saar gets the 1 TG in this scenario.

3. What if one of his planets were taken by someone, and in the next turn Saar reclaims that planet - still considered "new"?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Ölmestig
Sweden
Halmstad
Halland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes to all, I would say, but I am not 100% certain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petras Ražanskas
Lithuania
Kaunas
Kauno apskritis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a TI3 player, but as a rule-lawyer ( shake ) I'd say that "new" applies to 1 and 2, but not 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Russell
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am quite the rules-lawyer as well and I would say it applies to all three scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Metelo
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our group, we have been playing with the 3 counting as "new" planets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always assumed that if you're gaining a planet card in any form, that's "new."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also of the thinking that "new" in this case means "I was given the card now". It doesn't matter if they had it in the past, but if they ever take control of a planet, they get the TG, regardless of the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.