United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been looking for a good board game that has a strong post apocalyptic Mad Max theme. I looked at Defenders of the Last Stand, but a couple of reviews soured me on it. I nearly backed Saltlands but I backed off. I've read the rule set for WK is a bit dense, but I kinda like that challenge. So for those of you who have played Waste Knights, is this a match for what I'm looking for or is there something better out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime de Marcos
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
So I've been looking for a good board game that has a strong post apocalyptic Mad Max theme. I looked at Defenders of the Last Stand, but a couple of reviews soured me on it. I nearly backed Saltlands but I backed off. I've read the rule set for WK is a bit dense, but I kinda like that challenge. So for those of you who have played Waste Knights, is this a match for what I'm looking for or is there something better out there?

If you are looking for a Mad Max-based thematic board game, I think you have arrived at the right place. Individualistic role-playing, driving around the Australian wasteland, facing mutants and biker gangs... But try it out (it is available online in Tabletopia) and decide for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JL San Miguel
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If you´re looking for that kind of vibe, it can´t get more Mad Max than Waste Knights.

But it depends on what kind of game you´re looking for ...

If you are more into vehicles chases/battles in such an environment
Devil's Run: Route 666 / Hell's Highway

If you prefer groups of individuals from a faction fighting for supremacy in a crazy radioactive wasteland
Fallen Land: A Post Apocalyptic Board Game

If you fancy a dungeon crawler in a dark post apocalyptic setting
Blackout: Journey into Darkness

You can also have a look at Posthuman and/or Bright Future

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bicho wrote:

If you´re looking for that kind of vibe, it can´t get more Mad Max than Waste Knights.

But it depends on what kind of game you´re looking for ...

If you are more into vehicles chases/battles in such an environment
Devil's Run: Route 666 / Hell's Highway

If you prefer groups of individuals from a faction fighting for supremacy in a crazy radioactive wasteland
Fallen Land: A Post Apocalyptic Board Game

If you fancy a dungeon crawler in a dark post apocalyptic setting
Blackout: Journey into Darkness

You can also have a look at Posthuman and/or Bright Future

Enjoy!

Fallen Land looks sweet, but I don't think it's available anywhere until 2017

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this theme. We also have Saltlands, which I am excited to see. I think I will pick up Waste Knights...it's on sale at CSI right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.