Subject: Yesterday's Enterprise rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Burris
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.universaldist.com/p-245542-staw-yesterdays-enterp...

The fleet could use an Enterprise-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Seems odd that it isn't the C. arrrhzombierobot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Lee
msg tools
mbmbmb
That's a typo, right?! You're gonna do Yesterday's Enterprise and NOT give away the Enterprise-C!??!?? C'mon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a WizKids basher - I enjoy STAW and have quite an investment in the game. Having said that, if this proves correct and they are trying to pass off a "Yesterday's Enterprise" without doing the Enterprise-C, well then, shame on WK! That would be a travesty.

However, before I light the torch and pick up my pitchfork, I'll wait for confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Now this is hilarious. This is gonna be their masterpiece.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowers
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps a Mirror Universe Enterprise-D?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
RainYupa wrote:
Perhaps a Mirror Universe Enterprise-D?

We already have one of those, the Assimilation Target Prime prize set came with a mirror D in it.

This should really be the C, That's a wasted opportunity unless they are using this to get the mirror D out again as a prize without the assimilated bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the wording compare to the recent card prizes? If it was following that method and was a "C" card pack that would make no sense...

Here's to hoping for a full "C" prize pack... But what would another MU (?) Enterprise D contain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Given recent prize's it was always going to be another D of some kind, the model already exists and nearly everyone has one since its in the starter so the card pack is a no brainer. No "new" model required for it.

Another MU D would probably be a mirror version of Picard, mirror riker as crew, some kind of elite talent that lets you take hits for another ship with a quote from the episode on it (if its not "That will be the day" or "lets make sure history never forgets the name Enterprise" I will be deeply disappointed).

Probably have a version of Tasha Yar on it as well and perhaps a guinan.

If it is MU and not just fed then I would expect it to have similar stats to the current MU enterprise D.

Really want it to be MU/Fed so i can have all my favourite shenanigans on one ship, but i think that's probably unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Enterprise C would require a new sculpt. I don't think WK is going to do that at this point in the game's lifecycle. Too bad though.

One funny and cheap way that WK could do it would be to give us the assimilation target prime ship cards without the actual miniature. It's a pretty good ship and it's very expensive on the aftermarket. Or they could give us a Federation upgraded enterprise D (not with the third nacelle) like assimilation target prime but in the Federation faction. Lots of people have an affection for the galaxy class ship, and an upgraded version could see some play. Frankly I think a better Enterprise D in the Federation faction would be better for the game then a mirror faction Enterprise D.

I'd be very surprised though if we ever see a new sculpt in the game from Whiz kids. I think the ships we're likely to get in the future are going to be the ones they already have manufactured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would've been nice to do a three-month series based on time travel episodes, and the grand prize could be the Ent-C.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Here is to the idea that the C isn't the prize because it is in the works for retail. A Fed ship with Fed upgrades an a MU Captain Yar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people are never happy. If they had made the C a prize pack there would be nerd rage from every corner of the net. Why would you want one of the most sought after ships to be a prize only? People were already foaming at 5he mouth over the A being a prize.

If they do release the C it would be better for it to be a retail release for both player relations and economics. A MU D is a much better choice for a prize. Even if it is a re-release of the Target Prime cards. A lot of folks came into the game after the Borg OPs and they would love to have access to those cards without paying eBay scalpers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Burris
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be similar to my initial thoughts when they made the A a grand prize. I'd still track down a pair regardless though....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellis Norris
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I really don't see Yard as a captain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
A Mir U Picard would be interesting to see... Plus, it's possible we'll get to see Captain Garrett and Lieutenant Castillo included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Sharitt
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on board with the idea of Mirror Universe D. Since WizKids probably isn't going to be making any new sculpts, it makes the most sense(and maybe MU K'Vorts as blind boosters?). A mirror Picard could be interesting and maybe throw in Garret as the alternate captain and Castillo as crew, but make them both Federation instead of mirror. I'm thinking some kind of Guinan crew would almost be a no brainier, though I can't quite figure out exactly what her ability might be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
An ability for Guinan would probably be something to prepare for your opponent's move in some way: See one of their dials, nullify an attack or add some green dice. At least that's what I'd see. At the very least, I'd expect her to be and Independent without faction penalty, and not usable on a Borg ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.