Subject: Journeyman Item Card backs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I received my Journeyman pledge and started rifling around in it and figured I'd give it 2.0 a run to bring me back around. I noticed in the JM Components section for Item Cards, it says to just add them into your existing Item decks. Problem is they are different backs from the Novice item cards. That look like this:

Could this make for a problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell which one is the JM card. Do you have 1.0 or 2.0 versions of the base game item cards?

The 1.0 game and item expansion had just the flame on all item cards.

The 2.0 revision changed card backs to shield, sword, etc to denote the different item tiers (but the expansion cards haven't been upgraded to 2.0 yet). I would expect the JM cards to follow the same 2.0 format.

All in all, it's not a huge deal, and anyone playing with the item expansion has had mismatched backs since the base game was 2.0'ed. There's no real advantage to knowing which set the next item card comes from. You're mostly drawing cards based on your random treasure bag pulls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
The left was from 2.0 cards and the right is from Journeyman.

Why on earth would they change the backs back to the original format for the expansion? Makes not a lick of sense.

Also Item Expansion 1 cards have the flame on the upper right hand of the card, I'm guessing denoting the set it comes from. Is there any reason not to include these in the decks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I'm worried about mismatched card backs in a stack of cards, I usually draw the card from the bottom of the stack rather than from the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wakefield
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
Don't the brown items have the flame back, while the green items have the shield? Are those cards the same color on the front? I'm at work and will look when I get home. If they are the same color then that's a pretty big mess up on MCG's part. To fix it I'd use the colored sleeves they now have available on their website or print the colored backs off of the file section here on bgg and sleeve with clear and slightly cheaper sleeves. That's what I did till I got the colored sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fscx
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Looked at my Journeyman items with the rest of my items and there backs match the 2.0 base items. The item back on the right with the flame and swords is on the back of the spriggans summoned item cards, which are not put in the item deck and has both blue and green items.

Edit note
Make sure the card in the picture is not from Item pack 1, Spriggan, Skald or trickster characters. Since they have not been reprinted yet in 2.0 versions. The item pack 1 cards do have a flame's on the back. Noticed it when I was sleeving up my Journeyman cards to add and noticed it on them. When I first checked I hit a clump of 2.0 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, it was strange that only 1 person found such a major bug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'll double check when I get home (about 12 hours from now) and make sure I didn't compare the wrong ones, then post my results. The items shown are from the Green Item deck though. I know they weren't the Spriggan's though, as I have those in a separate bag. Also they are not from the Item Expansion 1 as I hadn't put them into the decks yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Chase
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
All of my 2.0 green item cards have the shield symbol on the back. The 1.0 item cards that haven't been upgraded yet have the flame symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
So upon further investigation after coming home, the Flame backed cards were indeed for the Trickster and Skald items. So hopefully those will get updated sometime in the future (though I have my doubts about that).

Thanks for cluing me into what to look for. I guess if no one wants to play one of those Heroes, I'll just keep those cards out or rotation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.