Subject: May crab meeples be used in solo play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The crab meeples look so cute. I want to use them in the solo game. But it seems like it would give an unfair advantage to the human player. Is there an official ruling on this? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jellyfish1 wrote:
The crab meeples look so cute. I want to use them in the solo game. But it seems like it would give an unfair advantage to the human player. Is there an official ruling on this? Thanks.

I don't personally use them in solo play, but you can. They are an advantage to the human player but that is okay, especially at first. If you start winning too often you can dial up the difficulty in setup or with a pnp captain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Matt.

I have another question regarding solo play.
It seems that the AI opponent that goes first (before the second AI opponent) will have an advantage since he is the first to choose a license. By the time the second AI gets his chance, there may be no valid licenses left. So which AI should get the honor of being first?

Oh and another question regarding AI. Do they bid on licenses they already have? If they win do they take them?

Love the game.
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain TC then Captain Kirkman.

Yes and yes during the auction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answers.

The AI is very challenging to play, as it should be. I really like how the solo game is about beating simulated opponents and not just trying to beat your own high score, which is how some other solo games do it. And I also like that you interact with these AI opponents and can directly affect their final score. This makes the solo much more like a multi-player game.

Also I really like the fish meeples!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.