$20.00
$60.00
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I mean, you'd have to be some sort of space monkey (no offense to space monkeys) to not see that this election, at it's deepest root, was about Good versus Evil, Christ versus Satan, unbelief versus belief.

Michael Jackson said it truthfully: You are the world.

"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." John 3:18

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McMurray

Chickopee
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
I mean, you'd have to be some sort of space monkey (no offense to space monkeys) to not see that this election, at it's deepest root, was about Good versus Evil, Christ versus Satan, unbelief versus belief.

"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." John 3:18

Christ and Harry Potter have a wizards throwdown.... who wins?

You can introduce another fictional character (like Jeebs and HP), from either the Star Trek or Star Wars universes if you wish, but each side has to get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why do the nations conspire
and the peoples plot in vain?

The kings of the earth rise up
and the rulers band together
against the Lord and against his anointed, saying,

“Let us break their chains
and throw off their shackles.”

The One enthroned in heaven laughs;
the Lord scoffs at them.
He rebukes them in his anger
and terrifies them in his wrath, saying,

“I have installed my king
on Zion, my holy mountain.”

Psalm 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn god and it's anger management problem..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
(no offense to space monkeys)

No offense taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just checking, who was playing the part of Christ in this election?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:

Hillary, I guess. Crucified on a cross of emails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:

Not the Sunday school teacher -- the one who publically brags about having sex outside of marriage. That's the Jesus one.

I'd say this was Poe's law, but I think the dude is simply a bit off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:

Deez Nutz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

Did you write-in Jesus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
desertfox2004 wrote:

Deez Nutz

NJWeedMan (actual candidate in previous elections)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

Are you on drugs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Are you on drugs?

He's high on the Holy Spirit. Can I get an Amen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
He's been fairly clear about Clinton being evil.

So what does that mean if Clinton wins? Is it the end times? (again...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Are you on drugs?

Only as a palliative, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Preisach
United States
East McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Are you on drugs?

If you mean prescription drugs for a mental illness, then yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

I find this deeply offensive. Do not bring the Essence of Purity and Goodness into your sordid world of hypocrisy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
For BJ.....
mb
Yah, Jesus would totally vote for a man who likes to grab women by the pussy.

shake

This isn't a battle between Good and Evil- its mediocre Establishment suck vs. Fucking Crazy and Masturbatory, with a sprinkling of Fascistic Misogyny to make a complete breakfast.

The fact that there are people who are seeing this election as the sequel to the Omen, the final showdown between Ahriman vs. Ahura-Mazda (look it up if you don't get the reference, you Manichean twit) is what really worries me about this country. If Trump wins it will suck, really suck- but it's not the end of the world, just the beginning of the fight against his presidency. And if Hilary wins, I'm sure that it will suck, but it won't be the end of the world, it will just be the beginning of the fight against HER presidency.

No one 'wins' this game- there is always another match down the road. So ease up a bit, brush yourself off, and don't immanentize the eschaton! (ie, you're free to believe what you believe, but don't be surprised when others fail to be moved when you cry out "Repent! The end is nigh!"

You're beginning to remind me of this guy....

Repent!!

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bob_santafe wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

I find this deeply offensive. Do not bring the Essence of Purity and Goodness into your sordid world of hypocrisy.

Do you mean Jesus or Michael Jackson?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

Your shit is clown shoes dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No it's really just another election. I can understand people liking Trump for certain things, but it is really weird when I see people say he's chosen by God, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Yah, Jesus would totally vote for a man who likes to grab women by the pussy.

shake

This isn't a battle between Good and Evil- its mediocre Establishment suck vs. Fucking Crazy and Masturbatory, with a sprinkling of Fascistic Misogyny to make a complete breakfast.

The fact that there are people who are seeing this election as the sequel to the Omen, the final showdown between Ahriman vs. Ahura-Mazda (look it up if you don't get the reference, you Manichean twit) is what really worries me about this country. If Trump wins it will suck, really suck- but it's not the end of the world, just the beginning of the fight against his presidency. And if Hilary wins, I'm sure that it will suck, but it won't be the end of the world, it will just be the beginning of the fight against HER presidency.

No one 'wins' this game- there is always another match down the road. So ease up a bit, brush yourself off, and don't immanentize the eschaton! (ie, you're free to believe what you believe, but don't be surprised when others fail to be moved when you cry out "Repent! The end is nigh!"

You're beginning to remind me of this guy....

Repent!!

Darilian

Between global warming and nuclear war in the Mideast, I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Trump's chances of ending the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing is that I can understand this US election being about good versus evil, but only if Trump is in the role of evil. Clinton seems to me in this scenario archetypal of those who are forced to oppose evil; they're not the paragons of virtue one might hypothetically expect. They're just a flawed human being who happens to be in the right place at the right time and steps up to the proverbial plate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what Jesus and Trump would talk about on a tour bus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.