Subject: Siren Issues rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Muench
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So me and my board game group were playing Cosmic Encounter the other day, and my friend was the Siren. He had 3 foreign colonies, as did I. On one of my encounters, he was able to make himself the defense and me the offense. We both played negotiation cards, and we agreed to trade a colony for a colony. However, after this, my friend claimed that he won, as, being the Siren, he would get another colony due to him "winning" as the defense. Ultimately, after some time of arguing, we decided unanimously to continue the game under the assumption that he only got the 1 planet from the negotiations, as he was no longer a defender when he agreed to start negotiating.

What do you all think? Should the Siren have won the game due to getting a 2nd colony as the "winning defender", or was the table's ruling reasonable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack of Clubs
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
A successful deal is not a "win". And an unsuccessful deal is not a "lose".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why some game effects say "when you win or make a deal" and other game effects just say "when you win" or "when you make a deal." They are two different things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.