Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Bradley
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Hi there.
I got my kickstarter copy this past week and I tried to play a solo game this weekend but I got confuse with a few steps. I never played the base game before, so some of those question may sounds dumb.

Setup:
1) Which is the hard and the easy side on the bonus AI deck?
2) Do human player(s) get the same amount of money as in regular setup (14,000)$?

Auction:
1) Although AI don't get money nor do get Luminaries, do they increase bets during auction? Let say I'm second on the fame track and an AI is first. Do that means that the AI virtually bids $2,000 (or whatever is the value according to the phase) and then I would have to bid $3,000?
2) Assuming that the answer for the previous question is "Yes", now let's say a human is the third on the fame track and she bids $4,000 after me. The AI would increase the bet to $5,000 before me?
3) Assuming the answer for the question before the previous one was a "No", do the human player(s) simple ignore the AIs when trowing bids?

Actions:
1)The rulebook says to increase the stock price of an AI after it file a patent. Is that in addition to the normal rules, or it just to reinforce/remember the base rules?
2)I'm assuming that the first projects of Tesla's and Edison's AIs is on NYC and Menlo itself. Is that true?
3) At first I supposed that adjacency was irrelevant to the AIs. But then I saw the example image showing adjacent and I got unsure if it was just a coincidence.
4) Still in projects, does AIs got stock increases from this action?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Setup:

1) Babbage is easy, Lovelace is hard
2) Yes

Auction:

1) No

Actions:

1) It's a reinforcement of the base rules
2) It will say on their AI cards where they place their first project.
3) I don't understand your question, do you mind going into more depth?
4) Yes

Thanks!

JR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Bradley
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Hi JR, Thanks for the help.
Nevermind the questions 3 about action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't really answer the question for #2. In the BONUS AI PACK, between GRACE HOPPER and ALAN TURNING, which of these is more difficult? Or compared to Babbage and Lovelace, how do they compare? Is Hopper and Turing supposed to replace the AI deck from in Powering up? Can you mix them together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rankings are (generally):

Hopper (hardest)
Turing
Lovelace
Babbage (easiest)

You definitely cannot mix decks, but you can use different decks for different players (like play against Walker's Turing deck and Thomson's Babbage deck)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
jayahre wrote:
The rankings are (generally):

Hopper (hardest)
Turing
Lovelace
Babbage (easiest)

You definitely cannot mix decks, but you can use different decks for different players (like play against Walker's Turing deck and Thomson's Babbage deck)

Different decks for different players, okay, that I like.

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Acosta
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Howard University College of Medicine
badge
Reptar, King of the Ozone
mbmbmbmbmb
jayahre wrote:
Setup:

Actions:

4) Yes

Thanks!

JR

Had the same question about AI's stock prices increasing when claiming projects. Thanks, JR Honeycutt! Got in my first game 2 nights ago and Jones-ing for another play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M.
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Another Action-related question:
When the AI card instructs the building of a project (ie. Edison instructs level I at Menlo Park), how do you know/decide which technology the AI should use, assuming they are advanced enough to use either? I assume I need to know this in order to modify the stock price adjustment based on the AC/DC track status. Or, does AC/DC not matter when an AI builds a project? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MiddleCity2000 wrote:
Another Action-related question:
When the AI card instructs the building of a project (ie. Edison instructs level I at Menlo Park), how do you know/decide which technology the AI should use, assuming they are advanced enough to use either? I assume I need to know this in order to modify the stock price adjustment based on the AC/DC track status. Or, does AC/DC not matter when an AI builds a project? Thanks!

Why would the AI NOT use the one that is most advantageous to it if there is a choice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M.
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For sure. But I could not find the process to determine "most advantageous" explicitly spelled out as it is for other AI actions in the AI rulebook.

-Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.