BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » British Columbia

Subject: Surrey Area game group rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Hi guys,

About once a year I post an ad looking for 1 or 2 new members for our game group here in Surrey. We are currently 7 players and I'd like to have a few extras for when people cant attend for one reason or another. I cant promise what or how many games you'll get invites for, but generally attendees get auto invites to the next gameday.

Our group is very diverse in gaming interests. We play thematic and euro medium and heavy weight games in equal amounts. Our groups age range is between 30-40 and a mixed bag of professional occupations. We have a mix of techies, teachers, trades people, and business owners. Our gamedays always fall on a Saturday, and always start at 9am and finish around 5pm. You should be competitively but mild mannered and friendly if you are interested in gaming with us.

Here is our draft schedule for 2017:

Jan - Twilight Imperium 3
Feb - Railways of the World / 1846
Mar - Scythe
Apr - Game of Thrones
May - Dominant Species
Jun - Mixed Euros
Jul - Summer Break
Aug - Mare Nostrum
Sep - Eclipse
Oct - Mixed Games
Nov - Axis and Aliies: Annivesary
Dec - Xmas Break

This schedule isn't set in stone. Games can get bumped and re-arranged but this gives you a general idea of the type of games we play.

Other games:

Trajan, Power Grid, clash of Cultures, 7 Wonders, Mission Red Planet,
Here I Stand, Quartermaster General, Successors, Terra Mystica, Thunder Alley.

If your interested in getting added as an extra and have most Saturdays free Geekmail me and I will answer any questions you might have.

Happy gaming!
Roger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to join as long as I always get to be orange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
dekedagger wrote:

Your already part of the 7, and you'll have to fight Shawn to the death for orange
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm still holding out hope that one day I will be able to join you guys. I still have an unplayed copy of Conquest of the Empire that I want to bring out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I live central, I see you have listed some games that are right up my alley! I am more than happy to make the trip out.

TI3 is my favourite game, I love Railways of the World (have played one 18xx once before) and dearly wish to get a game of Here I Stand in. I am curious to try Scythe and Thunder Alley too.

Do you meet every saturday each month? I would not say that I am available every saturday, but every 2nd to 3rd should be good for me I think.

I am competitive but friendly (I have to be friendly to hide the pain that I do not win many games very often )

Nathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
EvanDevan wrote:
I'm still holding out hope that one day I will be able to join you guys. I still have an unplayed copy of Conquest of the Empire that I want to bring out!

we'll get you out one day =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Nath1975 wrote:
While I live central, I see you have listed some games that are right up my alley! I am more than happy to make the trip out.

TI3 is my favourite game, I love Railways of the World (have played one 18xx once before) and dearly wish to get a game of Here I Stand in. I am curious to try Scythe and Thunder Alley too.

Do you meet every saturday each month? I would not say that I am available every saturday, but every 2nd to 3rd should be good for me I think.

I am competitive but friendly (I have to be friendly to hide the pain that I do not win many games very often )

Nathan

We meet once a month. It isn't any specific week, just whatever Saturday works best for the most people. I'll send you a message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowecore wrote:
dekedagger wrote:

Your already part of the 7, and you'll have to fight Shawn to the death for orange

I like out current agreement that the person wearing the most orange gets to be orange. I plan on being very bright for Ti3!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McKee
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dekedagger wrote:
Lowecore wrote:
dekedagger wrote:

I like out current agreement that the person wearing the most orange gets to be orange. I plan on being very bright for Ti3!

this is going to be a fun year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Galpin
msg tools
Hey all i just moved into your area... keep me in mind for an alternate
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi WHAT PART OF SURREY?

JP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
metalwood wrote:
Hey all i just moved into your area... keep me in mind for an alternate
ninja

Will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
slingshot1100 wrote:
Hi WHAT PART OF SURREY?

JP

South Surrey'ish'. Near 152nd and #10.
I've added 3 people though so we'll likely be full for 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.