Hide
6 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Mockingbird custom hero rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Starrett
msg tools
This is my first post here so forgive me if I make some mistakes, but I've seen a lot of cool customs on this site and thought I'd upload some of mine for feedback or just to share, even if they are a bit rough around the edges.
I've done quite a few now but I'll start with the Mockingbird ones I made earlier today since they're the only ones I haven't already printed so can still be altered if anyone has criticisms. It's always a gamble making customs without playtesting and a couple of mine have come out a bit unbalanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting rare, I wonder how often it connects? Probably pretty frequently though considering all of the other KO cards.

Fixes: Spa Day and The Best Agent Around both need + next to their recruit or attack. Cards that modify their own recruit or attack always have a +.

Recommendations: With Spa Day, it seems a little over powered. Compare to Rogue's Energy Drain. Very similar, but Rogue's requires an activation. I can see that being the argument for making it cost 4, but 4 might not be enough. Compare to Black Swan's Witness the End, which costs 5 and has an activation. Now I understand drawing a card is much better than +1 recruit, but that's why it's expensive and requires an activation. I would consider meeting these cards in the middle and making it a 5 cost.

With Justified Paranoia I feel as if it does too much. I get that ultimately the requirement to KO one of those cards may make you KO a non-shield hero, but early on in the game this card would be beastly, both stacking the deck, KOing a card, and giving attack. Requiring an activation would help slow down the early game advantage. It also seems that most cards that give you resources and KO cards require some sort of activation as well.

Those are just some recommendations. I get the idea that you want her to be KO'd focused, I just wonder if 10 commons that KO things are a bit unbalanced as well. KOing cards is very powerful, then again that may be your intended effect. I think you have something quite good here, and I know from personal experience that too much KOing can actually lead to a tough situation, but I think it could use some fiddling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
Instead of Black Swan's, consider Elsa Bloodstone's. It has a spectrum trigger for the same ability (except KO from hand if you rather) and costs 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

Nice work! Good Art finds.

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the artwork choices and the effects are interesting....

However, you might want to consider using LegEdit for future designs so that your cards look more like official cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Starrett
msg tools
You make some good points here, but I think rather than upping the costs I'll weaken the cards a little. Perhaps have Spa Day give one less recruit and Paranoia discard the other two cards, or something similar. And thank you for pointing out the missing +'s i have a habit of forgetting those.

Also I only just heard about Legedit last night so I might have a poke around on that for the Angela cards I was planning next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.