$35.00
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to be completely impossible to get replies from Portal customer support. I have tried two different e-mail addresses and their own web customer support contact form as well, but no one is replying

Maybe someone else can reply and help:

Robinson Crusoe and Death Breath were supposed to have pre-order promos, right? I didn't get any promos with either despite pre-ordering both.

There are multiple promos for Robinson Crusoe:

Trait Cards (I and II)
Secret Trait Cards
Crewman Cards
Beach Cards
Additional Beast Cards
Discovery Tokens

Which of these have gotten an art upgrade for Second Edition? Second Edition box includes a leaflet that shows Discovery Tokens as having an upgrade (but Portal store still shows the old artwork). I would like to order again the items that have gotten an art upgrade as I really want my components to be consistent across the board.

Does anyone know if any of those got an upgrade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I for one, pre-ordered both RC and DB via Portal ... and received no promos for either ... even though I had seen a Portal post where you were to have a couple of the spy-glasses included with the RC.
I did get a punch-out "Rodney Fan Club" token though. But that's it.
What was supposed to come with the DB pre-order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
minksling wrote:
Well I for one, pre-ordered both RC and DB via Portal ... and received no promos for either ... even though I had seen a Portal post where you were to have a couple of the spy-glasses included with the RC.
I did get a punch-out "Rodney Fan Club" token though. But that's it.
What was supposed to come with the DB pre-order?

Alabama Mercenaries mini-expansion, the four tokens that were out of print for a long time and never released for 3.0 before.

I didn't get Rodney Fan Club token either, nor did I get the First Game of Robinson Crusoe Win token, but neither are essential

Death Breath pre-order promo was what I was most upset about as it costs quite a bit.

And I still want to know if any Robinson Crusoe promos got updated with new artwork?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raggle G
United Kingdom
Sandhurst
flag msg tools
An hour ago portal tweeted that they were moving offices this week. I'm not trying to make excuses for them, I just wanted to point out it could be a factor in their lack of response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corina AC
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. Portal is indeed moving to a new office this week and they went to a big convention in Poland last weekend. I know that is not an excuse, but hopefully it helps a bit. I would wait a bit longer, as I am sure you will receive an email soon.

The promos didn't receive an art upgrade as that is not needed. No art apart from the box art has been changed in the new edition. The new edition includes upgraded components (wooden tokens instead of cubes, thicker cardboard player boards), new rule book and the King king scenario.

I hope this answers your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corinaac2012 wrote:
Hello. Portal is indeed moving to a new office this week and they went to a big convention in Poland last weekend. I know that is not an excuse, but hopefully it helps a bit. I would wait a bit longer, as I am sure you will receive an email soon.

The promos didn't receive an art upgrade as that is not needed. No art apart from the box art has been changed in the new edition. The new edition includes upgraded components (wooden tokens instead of cubes, thicker cardboard player boards), new rule book and the King king scenario.

I hope this answers your question.

Thank you for the reply!

BUT!

At least ONE promo did receive an art upgrade already, I am asking if any others?

And yes, the 2nd Edition did get more upgrades than just the box: There is a new symbol for persistent/imperishable food, there is a new symbol (disc) for black-white-blue markers (it was cube before) and discovery tokens are completely new as well (new artwork and they also include the word of what the token stands for).

Does anyone know if any other promo got an upgrade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still nothing :/ I have never experienced as unresponsive customer support as this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.