Subject: each / all location(s) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ippokratis Gnostopoulos
Qatar
Doha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an argument with my wife (and we all know how these things end).

She claims that, since a number of Objective cards say "place x number of zombies in each location" while others say "place x number of zombies to all locations, the former means the obvious and the latter means 3 zombies in total! (are we deciding where exactly??)

I argued that they both mean the same (i.e. 3 in each location) but I'd like to hear your opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How do you add 3 Zombies in total to 7 Locations with 14 Entrances? =D

They could only mean 3 in every location. Otherwise they would say "Please add X Zombies to a location of your choice"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veschka wrote:

They could only mean 3 in every location. Otherwise they would say "Please add X Zombies to a location of your choice"
but this is not correct either. the OP's wife is saying that you add X zombies distributed as you please, not all on one location.

as for the OP's question, i think that it is simply a formatting error, and add x to all locations and add x to each location mean the same thing, but her interpretation does hold some weight. i know PH have their own forums. i would probably try posing your question there for an official response. i don't think you'll get 100% either way just from us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
veschka wrote:

but this is not correct either. the OP's wife is saying that you add X zombies distributed as you please, not all on one location.

as for the OP's question, i think that it is simply a formatting error, and add x to all locations and add x to each location mean the same thing, but her interpretation does hold some weight. i know PH have their own forums. i would probably try posing your question there for an official response. i don't think you'll get 100% either way just from us

I agree, theoretically, but let's use some common sense. The two phrasings CLEARLY mean the same exact thing. There's absolutely no way they intended to make the players place 3 zombies as they wish. Way too weak as a "malus"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RickNash wrote:
dr00 wrote:
veschka wrote:

I agree, theoretically, but let's use some common sense. The two phrasings CLEARLY mean the same exact thing. There's absolutely no way they intended to make the players place 3 zombies as they wish. Way too weak as a "malus"...
i'm using common sense to say that it is NOT clear.

either the effect is not nearly as strong/powerful as anyone believes, or they messed up with templating. either way, a mistake was made. i already said in my post that i was leaning towards it being a templating error, but because of that very error, no one can argue clearly one way or the other on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
RickNash wrote:

Yep.. i believe this is the reasoning.

Would you really be bothered by adding 3 zombies in the least painful spots?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ippokratis Gnostopoulos
Qatar
Doha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you so much guys!

i have one more argument: the game seems (very) easy with the latter interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would also be useful if you could tell us the exact cards that these phrases appeared on and what the exact wordings are. Sometimes there is some additional information on the cards that could give clues as to the intent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
civil wrote:
"place x number of zombies in each location" while others say "place x number of zombies to all locations"

As Davy has brought up, nowing the exact cards would be helpful.

I would also (strongly) argue that they mean the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just a simple and unfortunate lapse in consistency.
Both wordings mean the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
civil wrote:
She claims that, since a number of Objective cards say "place x number of zombies in each location" while others say "place x number of zombies to all locations, the former means the obvious and the latter means 3 zombies in total! (are we deciding where exactly??)

I believe those Main Objectives are writte "Place X zombies at the colony, and Y zombies at all other locations". To me, this little difference makes it even more clear that every location other than the colony gets Y zombies each. I believe when the colony isn't mentioned, is when they normally say "place X number of zombies in each location" (e.g. Raiding Party) on the normal side.

The hard side of "We Need More Samples", has the "place 3 zombies to all non-colony locations", and as it is the "hard" side, it's definitely 3 on each of the locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.