BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: One new game for every concert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
may-prigent Ffran
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I worked out a new strategy to curb buying new games. I am only allowed to buy a new one when I have a concert or recording ( I am a singer, but only part time.) This has worked out well these past six months, only thing is, we are starting to get more and more concerts etc. Shall I go with the flow and buy a game for every concert, or abandon the plan ????!!! Two new games this past week ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the games getting played? If so keep going. If they are just sitting on your shelf change the plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gobaith wrote:
Shall I go with the flow and buy a game for every concert, or abandon the plan ????!!!

Do not abandon the plan. But save up your new-game credit: just because you can buy a new game, that doesn't mean you have to, yet; saving the new game credit until you find a game you really want would be better than quickly buying a game you don't want that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
Only buy games with a charades element. Insurance against losing your voice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do Karaoke, can you get an expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you've linked buying games to performing? Is there anyway you can do them both at the same time?

You know... doing them in concert? (Ugh... That pun was so bad it physically hurt me as I typed it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
So you've linked buying games to performing? Is there anyway you can do them both at the same time?

You know... doing them in concert? (Ugh... That pun was so bad it physically hurt me as I typed it.)

Yes, it SHOULD hurt you. I had to read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It follows that since you have more concerts you now have more money. I would buy two games for every concert at this time.

Win-win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
may-prigent Ffran
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:

wow, really bad !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
may-prigent Ffran
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
treebeardtheent wrote:
Are the games getting played? If so keep going. If they are just sitting on your shelf change the plan.

Good advice. They aren't sitting on the shelf, which is good ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.