Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have posted a geeklist 'Keyper - an explanation' which will give you a little more information about the game Keyper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seem interesting. I love Keyflower, and I'm eager to play this completely new game from you.

My only "concern" for now, is despite all the info (your great geeklist and the video from Paul Grogan) I'm not still quite sure how this plays out (as there are no rule book to read).

A quick runthrough would be great to give future KS backers (of your special edition) a good overview if this if for us or not. I don't know if this has been already planned or not, but I wanted to point this out (as it may be beneficial for the upcoming KS).

Thanks Richard for making great games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first thought after watching Paul Grogan's Gaming Rules video for the game:

Where can we get that Keyflower t-shirt?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:
This seem interesting. I love Keyflower, and I'm eager to play this completely new game from you.

My only "concern" for now, is despite all the info (your great geeklist and the video from Paul Grogan) I'm not still quite sure how this plays out (as there are no rule book to read).

A quick runthrough would be great to give future KS backers (of your special edition) a good overview if this if for us or not. I don't know if this has been already planned or not, but I wanted to point this out (as it may be beneficial for the upcoming KS).

Hello Francois,

The full rules won't be available until late Spring. I will add a note in KS to offer a refund to any one who wants to cancel (for whatever reason) during a 30 day period after the rules are published. The refund will be approximately 85% as R&D will still have to pay the KS, Stripe (payment collection) and PayPal (refund) costs.

Thanks for your interest. Best wishes, Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
You come to Essen. Work on the R&D stand and get a t-shirt for each day you are part of the team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Breese wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:

Hello Francois,

The full rules won't be available until late Spring. I will add a note in KS to offer a refund to any one who wants to cancel (for whatever reason) during a 30 day period after the rules are published. The refund will be approximately 85% as R&D will still have to pay the KS, Stripe (payment collection) and PayPal (refund) costs.

Thanks for your interest. Best wishes, Richard

That is a good solution. Thanks for anwsering!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
My old friend "Burger", RIP 2005
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Breese wrote:
nbread wrote:
You come to Essen. Work on the R&D stand and get a t-shirt for each day you are part of the team.

Hi Richard,

How about selling the shirt together with the Keyper Kickstarter campaign as most of us can't make it as a day trip ?

Cheers,
Pete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glasson
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When does the KS go live?

Thanks,
Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a long production lead time for these, hence the KS now rather than in the spring (2017). The KS will hopefully launch later this month (Nov-16).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jglasson wrote:
Hopefully next week. Aiming to submit tomorrow (Friday 11-Nov)and there is a three working day approval process at KS. Thanks for your interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glasson
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Breese wrote:
jglasson wrote:
Hopefully next week. Aiming to submit tomorrow (Friday 11-Nov)and there is a three working day approval process at KS. Thanks for your interest.

Can't wait! This one looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Badioli
Italy
Senigallia
Ancona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be EU-friendly Richard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
badiolik wrote:
Yes, produced in Germany. The KS launched a couple of minutes ago (11-Nov).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsay Scholle
Australia
St Ives, 2075
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh dear... £48 for shipping to Australia. That's a shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Breese wrote:
badiolik wrote:
Yes, produced in Germany. The KS launched a couple of minutes ago (11-Nov).

For the lazy folks

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/555694524/keyper-charac...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scholle wrote:
Oh dear... £48 for shipping to Australia. That's a shame.

Well, it's €22 to ship to Greece and that's within the EU! Richard, are you sure these are the shipping rates you want to go with? I mean it comes down to €74 to get the standard version in the EU...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Badioli
Italy
Senigallia
Ancona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same to Italy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois L-C
Canada
Near Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch! It's expensive.

For Canada, it's £19 for shipping, which is like 32$CAD for shipping only.

And unfortunately for us Canadians, the currency conversion rates will kill it for most, as to get the Characters Edition it's 160$CAD and even for the standard edition via Kickstarter is 109$CAD as of today's rates. As a reference, we can buy Keyflower for around 60$CAD.

Too bad, I'll wait to see it in retail I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
Richard, are you sure these are the shipping rates you want to go with?
The shipping is what I've been quoted from Germany, where the game is produced. To North America I will ship first to the US in bulk to minimise the distribution cost. I'm actually taking a hit on some if the shipping destinations. If I could have lowered I would have done.

I have added some collection at Spiel, Essen in October 2017 as one solution. Hope this will help some of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi Richard,

Is there any chance of an Essen or Games Expo collection for those of us going?

Thanks,

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Susie_Cat wrote:

Hi Richard,

Is there any chance of an Essen or Games Expo collection for those of us going?

Thanks,

Susie_Cat.

Yes, I've just added some collection at Spiel, Essen in October 2017 options. Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks Richard, it helps a lot.

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Breese wrote:
NasosP wrote:
Richard, are you sure these are the shipping rates you want to go with?
The shipping is what I've been quoted from Germany, where the game is produced. To North America I will ship first to the US in bulk to minimise the distribution cost. I'm actually taking a hit on some if the shipping destinations. If I could have lowered I would have done.

I have added some collection at Spiel, Essen in October 2017 as one solution. Hope this will help some of you.

It does help Richard. Another question or two, if you don't mind:

1. With the current pound-to-euro exchange rate, the standard version comes to roughly €52. Is this how much it'll sell for in Essen?
2. Do you have any stretch goals planned? I'm basically trying to determine if there is an incentive for people to back in the campaign for the standard version, rather than waiting for Essen or retail.
3. Will you make the extra village tiles available otherwise or is the KS campaign the only chance for someone to get them? I think I can live without the special meeples and save some on cost, but the tiles seem to be gameplay components and the completionist in me will feel like missing out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
Another question or two, if you don't mind:

1. With the current pound-to-euro exchange rate, the standard version comes to roughly €52. Is this how much it'll sell for in Essen?
2. Do you have any stretch goals planned? I'm basically trying to determine if there is an incentive for people to back in the campaign for the standard version, rather than waiting for Essen or retail.
3. Will you make the extra village tiles available otherwise or is the KS campaign the only chance for someone to get them? I think I can live without the special meeples and save some on cost, but the tiles seem to be gameplay components and the completionist in me will feel like missing out.

1. Keyper is an expensive game to produce. Folding boards, loads of wooden bits including 96 animeeples and thick card pieces. My estimate would be Euro 60. The box will be full!
2. This was my first KS and I had not anticipated adding any. Certainly they would add to the cost of the fulfilment, plus the cost of pieces themselves. But maybe I should revisit given your thoughts!
3. The extra village tiles are part of the Character Edition and some relate to the character keyples. The KS is the only way to be certain get the Character Edition. I am only printing the Character Edition to the higher of the KS orders and the printer's minimum quantities. However I will have to add a few extra to the order to guarantee there are sufficient Kick Starter copies as the manufacturers have a 10% tolerance. So there are likely to be a few extra Character Edition copies - but not many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've not run a KickStarter, but I've backed plenty, so please don't be offended if I'm speaking out of turn (we love your games and just want this one to be a success too so that you'll make more!).

One way that would increase the number of people going for the KickStarter (rather than waiting for retail) would be to include the extra tiles in the Standard Edition if bought now. This could be included as a stretch goal, and of course wouldn't need to be included in the box - it could be packaged separately but sent together.

For what it's worth I second the comment above about timing: there's been the conventions, then Black Friday and Christmas, and this comes right in the middle, and the Character Edition is a significant outlay when people may already be stretched. This is why I think including the tiles in the Standard Edition would encourage people to invest now at the lower level, rather than wait. On the other hand, it makes the Character Edition less "unique", so it may encourage others to go for the cheaper option...

Susie_Cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.