Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had our first game last night and enjoyed it, but it began to slow down a bit while we tried to figure out some of the later alien movement phases.

Our questions were:
(Page 4) "Based on the number of players and difficulty, reveal Alien cards, placing the corresponding Alien miniatures on the designated Spawning Areas..." and then what do you do with those cards? Do they stay on the table for that round only? Do they stay out permanently?

At one stage I had over eight alien cards out, which then led to our next question:

If there are multiple cards of the same type (ie. two Shooter cards) do you double those aliens' actions if they're still on the board (ie. shooting and moving)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Mendes
Portugal
Santarem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the cards (if not all of them) of the same alien are exactly the same so you only need one card, the rest is discarded.

I don't remember having more than 4/5 cards out (usually 2 or 3).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Balrogas wrote:
Most of the cards (if not all of them) of the same alien are exactly the same so you only need one card, the rest is discarded.

I don't remember having more than 4/5 cards out (usually 2 or 3).

If I remember right the runner cards vary. Some of them run two spaces and the others three spaces (but I'd need to double check that). That then led to MORE questions: Do you keep the original card out if the aliens that it originally spawned are still on the board? If so, do they move two spaces, while the new runners move three spaces according to their card?

Our brains were slightly frazzled!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JakersNI wrote:
Balrogas wrote:

I don't remember having more than 4/5 cards out (usually 2 or 3). :D

If I remember right the runner cards vary. Some of them run two spaces and the others three spaces (but I'd need to double check that). That then led to MORE questions: Do you keep the original card out if the aliens that it originally spawned are still on the board? If so, do they move two spaces, while the new runners move three spaces according to their card?

Our brains were slightly frazzled!

With the runners, the only difference (apart from the blue one) is the number of them you spawn and where they spawn. Just put the card on top of any other runners you have out and when you kill them all, remove all the cards. The Blue One is different and has a different miniature, you keep that one separate.

The same process should be followed for all the aliens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Mendes
Portugal
Santarem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my idea also.

The ones that are different are blue ones, otherwise you would lose trace of what alien it is while playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen vdHorst
Netherlands
Gelderland
flag msg tools
We play-tested it in Essen and bought the game there.
First a correction: every alien card of the same type is different (amount, spawnplace & movement).
Second: only the last pulled card of each type of alien card counts. Lay them on the stack of previous cards and use only the abilities and stats of the last/upper card. These stats counts for all the same type aliens now in the field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeroen vd Horst wrote:
First a correction: every alien card of the same type is different (amount, spawnplace & movement).
Second: only the last pulled card of each type of alien card counts. Lay them on the stack of previous cards and use only the abilities and stats of the last/upper card. These stats counts for all the same type aliens now in the field.

partially correct. the basic aliens (runner, biter, shooter) only differ in spawn place and spawning number (amount). the distance they walk (the only thing that matters after spawning) is identical on all cards (except for some cards that may move after spawning, others do not).
(i just checked my game.)

but your suggestion is good: just place a new runner card on top of existing runner cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Clawf1ng3r wrote:
Jeroen vd Horst wrote:

partially correct. the basic aliens (runner, biter, shooter) only differ in spawn place and spawning number (amount). the distance they walk (the only thing that matters after spawning) is identical on all cards (except for some cards that may move after spawning, others do not).
(i just checked my game.)

but your suggestion is good: just place a new runner card on top of existing runner cards.

The only differences are when the alien spawns, so once spawned it doesn't matter which card you keep on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.