Hide
5 Posts

Tigris & Euphrates» Forums » Rules

Subject: A question about monument building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kuro Kokon
msg tools
If one of my opponents created a 2x2 square of like-coloured tiles and chose NOT to build a monument, can I add 2 tiles to the square (creating 2x3 area) and build a monument?
I'm a bit confused because the rules say "no monument can be built on that square at a later time".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can build it. You are creating a new square and a monument can be built there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuro Kokon wrote:
If one of my opponents created a 2x2 square of like-coloured tiles and chose NOT to build a monument, can I add 2 tiles to the square (creating 2x4 area) and build a monument? I'm a bit confused because the rules say "no monument can be built on that square at a later time".

If you're adding two squares, wouldn't it be a 2x3 area? Am I misunderstanding something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuro Kokon
msg tools
TeppicamonXXVIII wrote:
Yes, you can build it. You are creating a new square and a monument can be built there.

Thanks for the answer!
caffeinehead wrote:
Kuro Kokon wrote:
If one of my opponents created a 2x2 square of like-coloured tiles and chose NOT to build a monument, can I add 2 tiles to the square (creating 2x4 area) and build a monument? I'm a bit confused because the rules say "no monument can be built on that square at a later time".

If you're adding two squares, wouldn't it be a 2x3 area? Am I misunderstanding something?

You're right. Fixed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuro Kokon wrote:

I'm a bit confused because the rules say "no monument can be built on that square at a later time".

That rule means that you can't decide later on to convert the existing 2x2 square into a monument. But as already said, it's fine to use part of it to create a new 2x2 square.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.