Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last game our mutant player was wiped off the board in the 1st round and a mutant event card (get a star if...) came up. Does he get the star?

He could have come back later - as there was plenty of space. But at that moment he was not ON the board. So I voted against giving him the star.

What to do? Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
horstderadler wrote:
Last game our mutant player was wiped off the board in the 1st round and a mutant event card (get a star if...) came up. Does he get the star?

He could have come back later - as there was plenty of space. But at that moment he was not ON the board. So I voted against giving him the star.

What to do? Thanks for your help!

No, if you are not currently in the game you cannot collect stars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically he was still playing in the game but was "knocked out" at the time (per the rule on page 12).

Page 13 of the rulebook says "...if a noted faction/player is knocked out, eliminated or not in the current game; the Event does not occur."

So you got it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks a lot.

We have the German version and the translation of the rules is horrible! The worst mistake so far is that the Mutant factin card says (in German) "Biohazard and Mercenary scars only count for you."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.