United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
Steven Wright
badge
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a poor, lonely boy with no one to play with. <Cue sad violin music> As a result, I play solo games, or co-op games by myself.
Could Pandemic Legacy be played solo?
Please avoid spoilers: yes or no will do!
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YOu do miss out on the co-op portion of the game, but it is fun solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It works just fine solo. I solo played it. You will need to play with multiple characters - 2 minimum, but I liked 3 better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmet Uysal
msg tools
I played solo too. It works fine, but it may get easy to forget some rules, so please be careful about the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a pure co-op with no hidden information and no time pressure on actions so the only thing that would get in the way of playing it solo is the complexity level - more people means more chance of not missing something embarrassingly obvious...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Agreed: there's no fundamental problem with playing solo. But with four of us we had plenty for everybody to concentrate on, so you'll be kept busy and need to pay close attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Butler
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished a solo campaign and it was a fine experience. I chose to play the game solo for two reasons:

1) I got to do all the decision making myself
I'm usually not a fan of strategic/puzzle-like co-ops with open information, but I often enjoy playing them on my own.

2) I could play whenever I liked.
I didn't want to spend my precious gaming group time by playing the same game each week for several months. Instead, it took me less than 3 weeks to complete the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Spanish Fort
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked this game up with the specific intention of playing it solo, so this is a very encouraging thread.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
I did both - a group game and then a solo game to follow it up.

I lost more in the solo game - fewer sets of eyes has that effect. But I just wanted to make different decisions and have the board play out differently and see how different I felt about it.

I think it is very fun solo, definitely worth doing. I recommend playing with the full four characters though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.