Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam W
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
Gotta buy 'em all
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the once in a 4p game but we realised that we never passed. After we discussed afterwards we realised how valuable passing would have been in some situations.

While your initial thoughts are to play/burn through your cards as fast possible to get to the next life for either the karmic ring or moving up the ladder, there's situations where you're better off waiting a bit.

You want to hold onto your 3 point cards/deeds for a time where your opponent(s) are both about to die. That lets you play one down, and on their turns they reincarnate, letting you get a second turn where they can't immediately ruin your deed so you can protect it with a 1 point one.

Passing is the only move you have to change the tempo of the game to put yourself in a position to play 2 turns unopposed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Atlanta
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When reading the player aid, we were like, "when would someone ever want to pass??"

Then someone reincarnated without any cards in a future life, so they were going blind into a 6 draw pile. Passing seemed like a good option if you put yourself in that kind of situation as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
iamzimmer wrote:

Then someone reincarnated without any cards in a future life, so they were going blind into a 6 draw pile.

This is exactly what happened to me in one of my games. I passed and it changed the pacing of the game and gave me the win. What at eye-opener!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
never even thought about passing, but I can see now how it could be useful.

thanks for sharing!

loving this little gem of a game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's situational for sure. The drawback to passing is this is at its core a race game, so a pass is a turn quite possibly with no forward progress.

So, to pass or not to pass? That is one of the tough questions the game asks you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pass, every time you can. With more information you will take optimized decisions, what to play for deed, what to use for future life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam W
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
Gotta buy 'em all
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
It's situational for sure. The drawback to passing is this is at its core a race game, so a pass is a turn quite possibly with no forward progress.

So, to pass or not to pass? That is one of the tough questions the game asks you.

A pass is one turn with no progress, a life where you don't ascend up is potentially 6 wasted turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.