Germany
Black Forest
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I have a question to the activation of a SHQ:
How many units can a SHQ activate for a move? Only 1 unit for 1 Supreme-move or all units in a hex for 1 Supreme-Move(like a normal HQ activates units in their range)?
Thanks
Hans-Joerg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
The Geek? Yes, it's a good site. But - ah! You should have seen it before the rebranding! It was legible and a joy to read! All gone now, sadly, and so (mostly) am I because of it ...
badge
I'm sorry, I cannot read this site regularly while the intense white background is in effect. I have eye health issues, and this is painful. I'll still make brief visits, largely for trades and rules questions, but my socializing here is done for now
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually haven't seen EF II (I still play EF I), but I assume the answer is the same: it's based on number of UNITS, not hexes. So a Supreme HQ at level 3 in a normal summer turn can move up to six units strategically. (If moving exclusively by rail, one unit could take more than one of those moves, of course.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans-Joerg Gross
Germany
Black Forest
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answer, now its clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Des Esseintes wrote:
I have another question concerning Supreme HQs.

Can a Supreme HQ strategically move a regular HQ that's been activated during the command phase? (in other words, an HQ that's face up and not in its upright position)

My intuition tells me no, but I can't find anything in the rules that specifically forbids it.

Rule 5.2 states: During the Command Phase, the Active player may activate one, some, or all HQs by revealing them (tipping them forward, face-up). HQs engaged in Battle Hexes may activate normally. Inactive HQs remain upright in hidden mode, and can move like any other unit if under command of another activated HQ.

This last part of the rule suggests what your intuition allready told you. Only non-activated HQ's can be moved by other HQ's, including the SHQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Des Esseintes wrote:
It merely suggests it but doesn't explicitly forbids it. It makes more sense to play it that way too, and that's the way we've played so far, which tends to annoy my Soviet opponent, with his less powerful HQs. Still it was hard convincing him without the support of a clearly enunciated rule.

A similar thread can be found here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/461277/hqs-moving-hqs

I hope this thread makes it a bit more clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
....and perhaps this one can help too: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/331231/moving-deactivate...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls