4 Posts

Eminent Domain: Escalation» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trouble displaying tech tree to all players esp newbies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
With the expanded tech possibilities in the expansions, I find it difficult to display it to all players involved for reference purposes. The large poster is unwieldy.

How do you guys overcome this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tier 1 cards do not need much explaining as they are mostly the same and enhancements of actions from the actions of role cards.

As for Tier 2 and 3, I usually just show briefly which cards can go well with which strategy so players can get an idea of which planets to aim for in the beginning. I do not explain each card and certainly would not recommend that. The cards are there to look at all game for players who have nothing to do in that moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were good hint cards somewhere in the files, but I'm not sure they were covering the Exotica cards. The poster is useless, unless you have a dedicated room for playing just Eminent Domain alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erbacher
Australia
Maryborough
QUeensland
flag msg tools
After a few games newbies should start to get an idea of the tech. This is a game that needs to be taught. It's just not possible to teach newbies with expansions and expect them to have an idea.

Slow intro with tech. Base tech seems to get sorted after a few games 3-4. I play games with guys who know the game different to people I'm teaching.

I like playing with all the tech from all exp. But there is only 2 people in my group at the moment who can cope with that. Just takes time and games to get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.