7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Who wants to be a millionare FAULTY GAME! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bekki hudspeth
msg tools
Hi!
i purchased a who wants to be a millionare gold edition board game in 2005.
when i first got it out i had noticed that all of the answers to the questions are wrong. i have had this game 12 years now, i have done some online research about this game and the fact that its faulty but nothing has came up suggesting that nobody else knows about this.. i know games with fault can be worth some value but have no idea who would be the best person to contact and cannot find anything online about useful buyers to speak to about this. any help would be massively apprectiated.
thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
A game like that has no value to a collector, really. If it were a game that people held in high regard, maybe.

It's a curiosity at best and maybe worth about $10 to someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, mass market games do not have the quality in production that modern tabletop style games do. I doesn't surprise me that there was some shoddy research done on the game, since it was produced only to capitalize on a popular television show. Just because the answers are wrong doesn't make it worth more. it just makes it a bad game.

It doesn't really have any value, as has been stated. The regular edition sells for about $5. You can buy it new for $12. I don't think a special edition makes much difference.

It isn't probably even worth contacting the publisher, since it's a mass market game and I doubt they have any interest in reprinting it.

However, since you found this site, you might want to look into the more modern trivia games that are available now that are fun, in the same style as this game but done better. Wits and Wagers is one that comes to mind.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
welcomeblankbekki

I'd agree with the advice you've been given. I'll go a little further, somewhat amusing as a novelty but probably less saleable than a copy without the fault.

I'm sure there are 10 mega fans of the series who would give you a little bit more if approached at the right time and place but I can't imagine it would be worth the effort to find them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Irony here is that it might be worth more if it was unopened and faulty, but then how would you know?

Pete (goes to ask his friend Schroedinger)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just put it up on eBay like you're going to do anyway. Plenty junk collectors in this world. Then use the money for some good games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
ct5150 wrote:
Just put it up on eBay like you're going to do anyway. Plenty junk collectors in this world. Then use the money for some good games.

My read (apologies if I'm misinterpreting, Bekki!) is that the OP is in a bit of a dilemma with how to present the game on a sales site, knowing that it's flawed.

Bekki, just curious (and with all respect): how certain are you that many/most/all of the answers are just plain wrong? Even though this was obviously a mass-market cash grab, I find it incredible that someone would have published a trivia game with absolutely *zero* concern for fact-checking. Do you mind posting a few examples? I'm honestly curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.