Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to clarify something. 8.2 says that players alternate moving one stack accompanied by a commander to which a supply train counter has been allocated, but then the Forced march rule (8.4) says "The Commander has the option to remain in situ or accompany the stack through some or all of its move. This is the only circumstance in which Commanders may move during this phase of the turn." That seems to suggest that Commanders only move during the regular movement phase when a stack is force marching. I don't think that's right, but I don't know how else to read that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pole

Winkleigh
Devon
msg tools
Sean,

Many thanks for your question.

From memory (I don't have the Rules in front of me) Rule 8.4 relates to Marches and Forced Marches. In any event the intention is for commanders to have the option to accompany a moving stack irrespective of how far it moves.

Regards,

Serve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Thanks. (Seemed likely, but I didn't want to be sure I was reading it wrong.)

Interesting design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.