Hide
3 Posts

Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unchecked Outbreaks and Devoured Refugees rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Virginia
msg tools
I had a situation occur last night where a hand to hand combat caused an unchecked outbreak on a space with refugees. The civilians lost but were sent to the hospital with a saving roll. Infection didn't increase due to the unchecked outbreak, since it was still a part of combat. But this left the refugees alone with the Zeds. They were devoured, but I didn't know if this was before or after resolving the unchecked outbreak.

I resolved the unchecked outbreak first (which caused a string of other events), then I had the Zeds devour the refugees and increase infection by 2. Did I play this right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd have done the same.

The rules say "first complete what caused the Infection Level to rise" and the devouring is not what caused the Infection to hit 13 (that was the combat), so "combat --> Super Zed --> devouring" seems the intended procedure.

The Infection Level becomes 13 minus two dice plus 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Virginia
msg tools
Thanks for your response, Luca. Victory Point Games confirmed this was played correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.