$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Paperback» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules: Visibility of offer pile, make adjacent wild+copy adjacent card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip R
msg tools
Hi,

These questions are mostly based on the behavior of the Android app.

1: In the app, you can "pick up" the top card on the offer pile to get a closer read, meanwhile the next card that will come available becomes visible. Is it assumed that the next card information is available (at least to the player's who is in their buy turn?)?

2: In the app, if you place the "copy adjacent card ability" card beside the "make adjacent card wild", the "copy adjacent card ability" doesn't work. Is this an error in the app?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similarly, the "copy adjacent card ability" doesn't double the "draw +1 cards next hand if this is the last letter" power. Or, at least, it doesn't result in drawing two extra cards for the next hand, which is what I expected it to do.

Edit: I noticed this "defect" about a month ago, when the app was released. It just now occurred to me that copying an "if this is the last card" effect is never going to go off when the card doing the copying is the second to last letter in a word. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip R
msg tools
This is probably the wrong place to make bug reports, but I have noticed a couple interesting behaviours that are contrary to the rules (again based on Android app).

-After you submit a word, the cards you can afford to buy light up as it counts your money. Before it discards your cards in play, if you drag one of the cards that have lit up from the bottom row, drag it to the bottom of the screen but do not drop it, the top row card will fall down to the bottom row. Having not let go of the original bottom row card, you can now return it to the bottom row, covering the dropped top row card. There is now a bottom row pile of two cards and you can successfully buy the card that was under the original top row card! The original top row card cannot be bought until the original bottom row card is bought!

-If you have the "make adjacent card wild" in play, and follow that with a "trash and gain a more expensive card" and still have cards in hand, a weird thing happens. The "make adjacent card wild" seems to cause the game to half forget to play the "trash and gain" card. I say half because it highlights the cards in hand you can trash, but then immediately discards everything for clean up! The weird part is when you later draw those same cards you could've trashed, they're still highlighted and you can click one and the "trash this card" screen comes up. If you trash, I've had weird behaviour like once it let me collect all the decks equal to and less than the "gain" value. If only my screencap worked, it was funny having a hand of about 60 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.