Subject: Ending game at the start of the refill phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr Orwi
Austria
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,
during our last game there was a discussion, how the game end due to a lack of cards to completely refill all the locations with new cards (B) is exactly handeled.
The rules state that "the refill phase does not have to be completed."
So which cards are refilled and which not? Where do you start with the refilling process?
And is it correct, that after the "not completed refill phase" all players have an extra action at the very end of the game?
If yes, the former "partial refilling" might be very important.
Thanks for some claryfying comments.
Best regards,
Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When the rules state that "the refill phase does not have to be completed" I believe this refers to the drafting of workers for the next round, not the refilling of empty card spaces. The refilling of empty card space could be important because, as you state, all players have one bonus action before scoring when the end game has been triggered.

I always refill empty card spaces from the "I" worker space and refill empty spaces working towards the "I-V" worker space, that is the space that you remove a card from if no cards have been taken in a round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Orwi
Austria
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you, Damon for your comments.
So you would say, that all three areas have to be refilled with cards as much as possible prior to the final bonus action for each player?
That sounds very logically.
Any further comments/confirmation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmiwi wrote:
So you would say, that all three areas have to be refilled with cards as much as possible prior to the final bonus action for each player?

Yes, I believe that is the intent of the rule, to have as few empty card spaces as possible when everybody takes their bonus action.

Now I could be wrong and in fact no cards are refilled, as the game ends instantly at the start of the refill phase when a draw deck has run out.

So it's not entirely clear in my mind which way to play it but I'm going with the fill as many empty spaces as possible and then play the bonus actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.