Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Solarquest» Forums » General

Subject: SolarQuest: The Space-Age Real Estate Game, Deluxe Edition on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric D
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This just appeared on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1293757787/solarquest-t...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Dwan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my all time favs! I still own my original childhood copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rousar
United States
Warrenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
haha....poop
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, very cool. I have my childhood copy as well. We played it quite often. It's tough to get excited to back it though as it's essentially the same game (minus red shift cards and adds mission cards) but sometimes nostalgia wins out. I'll put a watch on it and see how things progress. Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool, thanks for the link!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so excited about this!
I love the game and it is nice to see it get a reboot.

Monopoly where you can blow your opponents up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed this as well. It's a fun game for what it is, hopefully the campaign does well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they get rid of the Red Shift cards? I don't see them included in the component list.

I have incredibly fond memories of this game and my kids are just the right age to play it. I also like the graphical look they gave it, and the magnetic fuel tracking board is a nice touch.

I am tempted, it's not the best Kickstarter I've seen but for the high quality components it might be worth it. There are no stretch goals but it looks like it might not matter too much unless the funding picks up considerably. I can see backing it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Jaros
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hansolo88 wrote:
Did they get rid of the Red Shift cards? I don't see them included in the component list.

Yeah, the Red Shift cards are gone. It looks like some of their abilities have been moved to actual spaces on the board. They've also added Mission Cards to the game. I haven't played the new version though, so I can't speak to how that changes the feel of the game though. I've only got my classic version here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't find the mission card concept that appealing really, it seems problematic.

What do you do if another player acquires a property you need for your mission? Once a property has a fuel station on it there is no way to force another player to give it to you, making your mission impossible. And knowing your opponent has a secret mission discourages you from wanting to trade anything to them.

It's a pretty minor complaint though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My buddy had this version... and I had spaceopoly which was the same but without fuel mechanics. Of the two we preferred spaceopoly as it was a bit easier to handle and had slightly better components etc. Man good times!

I might have to back this for nostalgia... but I messaged the creator a week or so ago and still no response... so maybe not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Errico
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to believe this guy would need kickstarter cash to fund a new version. Surely he made a lot of money off the original.

Also you'd think there'd be a publisher somewhere ready to jump on printing this game again.

I still have my original copy somewhere and can't wait to play it with my sons when they are older.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteelCityVoice wrote:
Hard to believe this guy would need kickstarter cash to fund a new version. Surely he made a lot of money off the original.

Also you'd think there'd be a publisher somewhere ready to jump on printing this game again.

I still have my original copy somewhere and can't wait to play it with my sons when they are older.

The original was published in 1986.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.