$30.00
Beowulf the First
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Perhaps Mr.Phiip Sabin could look at this game and find an elegant solution to the solitaire problem. His solution with Nightfighter from GMT games was beautiful. Perhaps something like low, medium, and high uncertainty as applied to Nightfighter could also be applied to this game somehow for the hidden NVA counters. I'm sure there is a solution out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea. Solving the solitaire issue with this game is one of the key things keeping me away from it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression a large part of the game was solo friendly. Just the campaigns where the issue lay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Hearn
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Lives matter.
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign is really the heart of the game...and it relies heavily on hidden movement and patrolling rules that are totally unplayable solitaire...the smaller scenarios are pretty dull affairs meant more as a means of learning the various subsystems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane hubert
msg tools
I play solitaire and use the hidden movement and patrol. I use the Hidden rule for infantry only and leave any other units visible. Some of the hidden rule have to be "massage" here and there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.