One Night Ultimate Werewolf» Forums » General

Subject: Which bluetooth speaker? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I play ONUW as often as I can. One of the main places I find enough players is at my FLGS. This means the announcements are fighting with thirty-odd loud people at other tables and phones can't cope.

I know the trick of laying the phone face-down. I know the trick of putting it in a glass. It's not enough! So...

Can anybody recommend an external Bluetooth speaker specifically for this purpose? While I may be an audioophile, I'd never have any other use for such a gizmo so the requirements are:
• Loud
• Intelligible
• Robust
• Cheap

Nice to have:
• Small
• Light
SodaWaterproof or splashproof
• At least 2-3 hours of battery life

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use this

https://www.amazon.com/Omaker-M4-Portable-Bluetooth-Playtime...

It is small and pretty loud. I have played ONUW using this speaker in a loud room (restaurant/bar and at a house party) and it worked fine.

battery lasts for ever.

One of the more useful electronic devices I acquired in the last few years
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Meurman
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I use: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/jbl-charge-2-bluetooth-speaker,r...

Probably not the cheapest choice, but it does tick off all your other boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
DeePee wrote:
Probably not the cheapest choice, but it does tick off all your other boxes.

Once I'm at that price point, I start paying attention to sound quality! At which point I look for aptX and probably buy the Riva S.

Indeed, I seriously contemplated buying that, until I realised there are literally no circumstances under which I'd use it for anything other ONUW. (-8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
alexankh wrote:
It is small and pretty loud. I have played ONUW using this speaker in a loud room (restaurant/bar and at a house party) and it worked fine.

Also, under ten pounds on Amazon UK, with free shipping.

Done. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
Boom UE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Also in the "at that price it had better have something approximating sound quality" bracket, not the "cheap" bracket.

And it's too late - I've bought something now. :-p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Boardman
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hey! The absolute best quality and battery and everything for a bluetooth speaker is the Anker Soundcore. It runs about $25 on amazon and the battery lasts 24 hours. It fits every other recommendation in every way.

I like anker for this because they are a battery company and build things to last, yet come in with a great price point by building their business model around amazon prime.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Bbqturtle wrote:
the battery lasts 24 hours

That's one heck of a ONUW session!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.