Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jamie erskine
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
anyone tried this?

I cant stand the flimsy card stock used for them. There is no way theyll last long as you use them time and time again.

I get that laminating can make it difficulkt to cut perfectly, but i dont see how/why you'd need that here as you dont shuffle them or anything.

Plus, the fact that the player cards are still on quite thin card means they should seal well, compared to laminating thicker cards.

anyone done this? Have any recommendations on whether I would need to but laminating sleeves that fit right, or could I fit 4 player cards on 1 A4 sheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who plays several hundred games with each set, I can tell you they hold up much better than you'd expect. I've never had any issues with them unless they get wet from whatever reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamie erskine
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good to hear someone gets so many hours out of their cards. However, perhaps I should have mentioned I have kids. Twins in fact, so I have a greater need than some to protect them a little more.
Plus, for me, it's not just the protection, but the feel factor. You spend so much on them and yet they feel so cheap. I think the cards would seem much nicer to hold once laminated.

Had anyone tried this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One player in our eight team persistent league (SOMbilla, continuous for 35-40 years now: I am a "new guy" since I only joined in 1995) laminates his cards. So it can be done. I will ask him how he does it.

I am the opposite. Each beer or salsa stain on a card adds character -- and possibly distracts the laminating rival at a key moment in a series...

P.S. As we are all in our 50s now, I would like to see an over-sized card set -- with bigger type for aging eyes. In the meantime, I am looking for a good cordless table lamp and/or magnifier screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamie erskine
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I actually went ahead and laminated all my cards and must say I'm real happy with the result. Worked perfectly and now the cards can be handled without care, and that really helps my enjoyment of the game.
I'm away for Christmas right now, but once I'm back I'll post some pictures so others at least interested can see the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Favereaux
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Instead of laminating, I use these sleeves instead. They are reusable for season after season.

http://www.clearbags.com/catalog/product/view/id/498

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
docfav wrote:
Instead of laminating, I use these sleeves instead. They are reusable for season after season.

http://www.clearbags.com/catalog/product/view/id/498

How about:
3" x 5 1/8" No Flap, Crystal Clear Bags (100 Pieces) [B3X5SNF]

I'm hoping they're about the perfect size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len K
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
It was 50 years ago today.
mbmbmbmbmb
S-O-M card sleeves are just about always available on eBay. Here's a current example:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Not sure whether these are identical to the clearbags.com item mentioned above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.