6 Posts

Supersystem (4th Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Character generator (and is there anybody out there)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
msg tools
mbmb
Hi, I have recently got a copy of this and wondered if there is a 4E character builder out there. I don't want to mess up the character set up. I want to do some session videos.I have done some for project Z and really want to have a go with superheroes.

Also, is anybody playing this anymore? I am a bit unsure as nobody seems to have posted on here for a while (if you are reading this in 2020 and this was the last post then I think I have answered my own question).

Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still paying attention to the forums here. It's been a while since I played any games of it, mostly due to some unusual decisions in terms of Attack resolution being weighted too much in favor of the defender, particularly one designed to be a Tank type; the fact that the points follow an exponential rather than a linear power curve (15 points is approximately enough to double the number of standard cost models the character can fight against), meaning that most games have very similar feeling characters with very little flexibility in terms of individual character power; and finally, because of the linear point costs with an exponential power curve, it's much better to specialize in one area rather than generalize across 2-3 different areas, which limits the types of characters you can build and still be effective. That last point is particularly bad, as it combines with point 1 in a very negative way, meaning it is very easy to create a Defense/Toughness focused character with a Healing-based character supporting them (particularly if the Healer is also built with Defense in mind) that is practically unkillable.

As for a character creator, I haven't seen one, but the character creation system is straightforward enough that you don't really need to have a dedicated program to make the character with. I've created a few dozen characters with the system, and each really only took a couple of minutes to make once I had the core system down, but in game I was running into the issues listed above, which would really take a lot of work to resolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I started to build one for myself but never finished it because there didn't seem to be a need for it beyond personal interest. I enjoy the game but we have always allowed multiple attacks in an activation.

I don't even know if Four Color studios is even supporting the game anymore. Their website has very few resources related to the game for download or otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not get to play comic book based games, but I still pay attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm here from time to time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René L
Venezuela
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I'm begining with 4th ed., the designer engage in a german forum called lead-adventure.de, there is little support but it is because it is a one-man company, where the only guy also have a full time job as a fireman, so he only dedicates his free time to his games.

Third edition has way more resources like character generator or some dozens of fan-made characters, but 4th ed. looks better.

In the above mentioned forum I'm posting some characters I'm doing and asking people for help to make a community database of characters, if you want to join you're all welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.