Subject: Titan flank ability and Relativist operation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fadhli Suib
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Your heroes are not affected by defeat effects"

I have a question on his ability. Does this ability affected Titan also? If yes i think it's overpowered. There's not much card that can counter this.

Then there's relativist operation effects which reads

"When this operation completes, each Player must choose and defeat Heroes in their Unit until they have the same number of Heroes as the Player with the fewest."

When a player have Titan flank ability active and he has the most heroes, how can this operation be resolved? Does Titan ability negates relativist defeat effects? If yes the operation seems to be at an infinite loop and can't resolve.

Edit: add relativist operation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
urakei wrote:

I have a question on his ability. Does this ability affected Titan also? If yes i think it's overpowered. There's not much card that can counter this.

"When this operation completes, each Player must choose and defeat Heroes in their Unit until they have the same number of Heroes as the Player with the fewest."

When a player have Titan flank ability active and he has the most heroes, how can this operation be resolved? Does Titan ability negates relativist defeat effects? If yes the operation seems to be at an infinite loop and can't resolve.

I think "defeat effect" here means effects that take place WHEN a hero is defeated, rather than hero BEING defeated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fadhli Suib
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you provide some example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fadhli Suib
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I misunderstood on defeat effects from heroes and defeat heroes from casualitues checks. Heroes under this ability can still die from casuality check.

As for the relativist operation i think it's similar to 'sacrifice' from magic the gathering. Even if the card is immune to destroy effects, it can still be killed by sacrifice. The operation instructs 'players to choose' which I would understood as 'voluntary' defeat instead of 'forced' defeat from other players which Titan can negate.

My conclusion is 'player must choose to do xx' effects has precedence over 'immune to xx' effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
The Titan is included, since the card doesn't state "Your OTHER Heroes are immune..."

As for the Relativist's Operation, well, it's clashing with the Titan's Flank ability.
From what I've gathered, though, it actually SHOULDN'T work. "Can'ts" always take precedence over "Do's".

My take on it is that the effect of the Operation would be ignored.

However, urakei, you might be right. Since you "must choose", it may take precedence over immunity effects. I just have no idea in this case. Brad used to be a MtG player, so maybe that was the intent.

We'd need confirmation.

urakei wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fadhli Suib
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's gonna be up to L99 then..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Titan only protects your heroes from "Defeat a hero" type abilities–not from damage. It does apply to the Titan himself though. This just means that orders and spells can't be used to automatically kill your heroes without doing damage.

The Relativist Operation is a defeat effect, and so the Titan would protect your heroes from this. "Can't" takes precedence over "Do" in Pixel Tactics, as in most Level 99 Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the confirmation, Brad! That's what I'd figured.

Kyokai wrote:
Titan only protects your heroes from "Defeat a hero" type abilities–not from damage. It does apply to the Titan himself though. This just means that orders and spells can't be used to automatically kill your heroes without doing damage.

The Relativist Operation is a defeat effect, and so the Titan would protect your heroes from this. "Can't" takes precedence over "Do" in Pixel Tactics, as in most Level 99 Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fadhli Suib
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the cofirmation Brad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.