10 Posts

Flamme Rouge» Forums » Rules

Subject: While we all wait for the inevitable Grand Tour expansion... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre VIAU
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

All repeat after me, in the general direction of the Lautapelit headquarters: "Grand -- Tour -- ex-pan-sion ! Grand -- Tour -- ex-pan-sion !!"

With yellow jersey riders, a scoreboard, etc...

In the mean time, some thoughts on the Grand Tour, building on Asger's rules which work really well already.

Number of stages:
- add a "flat" stage to the 6 mountain stages, for a 7-stages Tour; flat stages have their own charm in my opinion, beyond being a beginner's introduction to the game
- or replace a random mountain stage by a flat stage, for a 6-stages Tour which is not always the same
- whatever the number of stages, shuffle the stages deck to randomize the Tour sequence (use any card as flat stage)

More bonus points:

Mountain King:
- after each climb, give 2 mountain points to the 1st rider to finish the climb, 1 mountain point to the 2nd
- end of Tour: 3/2/1 bonus Tour points for the 1st/2nd/3rd in the mountains classification

Combativity:
- after each stage, give 1 combativity pt per exhaustion card to each rider (before halving them for the next stage)
- end of Tour: 3/2/1 bonus Tour points for the 1st/2nd/3rd in the combativity classification

NB: I made a scoreboard with those extra points in mind, see the files section.

Day Off:
- after the 4th stage (7-stages Tour) or 3rd stage (6-stages Tour), riders have a day off
=> each rider discards 2 exhaustion cards from his deck (after having first halved them like for any stage)

That's all for now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely want to see an expansion meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like your additions to the Grand Tour rules I will try it when I get a chance!

And I usually add a sprint to a grand Tour too. I've tested the day off with a rule that said remove half twice. But regardless I prefer it without. Though adding the option is definitely a good idea.

Thanks
Asger

PS We only get an expansion if this sells out FAST. 600 copies are being shipped to US for first batch, spread the word and help us get them out the door!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McGee
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Click to view this user's profile.
badge
Uncertainty and Innovation
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell me who is selling those 600 copies so I can get one before they disappear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Lohr
United States
Stoystown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Where can we find this in the U.S.?

I can't find it anywhere...

Gary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Nico
msg tools
Here in France, the game is a success, I think. One of the big seller is out of stock and I'm waiting for reapp.

I hope too for a big BIG expansion.
Do you think it would be possible to have mid-race sprint or climb points on mid-climb race ?

What about the possibility of adding a third cycle (climber) ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maxime diet
France
flag msg tools
Yes an expansion would be great.

In an interview, Bruno Cathala (who has 10000 ideas in a minute) spoke about many things to improve it. Events like puncture, cobbled streets and co...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
I have pretty many myself already. The balance is to also keep it accessible for family gamers and not just BGG users

Already from the very first tests four years ago, playtesters had ideas each game for expansions. All the time. It is a system that is so simple that tweaking it is easy

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peyo61 wrote:

All repeat after me, in the general direction of the Lautapelit headquarters: "Grand -- Tour -- ex-pan-sion ! Grand -- Tour -- ex-pan-sion !!"

"Grand -- Tour -- ex-pan-sion ! Grand -- Tour -- ex-pan-sion !!"

Seriously, congrats Mister Asger Harding Granerud. Your game is the hottest on Trictrac.net and it is out of stock everywhere in France. It is a nice one.
But, because of you, I did what I swore not to do anymore : I bought a game without playing it before.
No thank you shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are the 600 being distributed to the US the same as the pre-order copies available from Funagain for $58? Or are the latter just copies Funagain personally picked up at Essen, and there a different distribution channel for these 600 copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.