Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Wizards» Forums » Rules

Subject: playing solo... what are the win conditions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scanned the rules and don't see this beyond the win condition as being the 'first' to do something. So... what are the win conditions for playing solo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Games are like songs: you never get tired of playing the best ones over and over, and you can enjoy them all by yourself.
badge
Can't we just have a friendly conversation wtihout having to make sense?
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as in the multiplayer game. See page 17 of the rules (Appendix A: The Solitaire Game).

The setup of tiles is the only thing different in the solitaire game; all other regular rules apply, including the victory conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yep, I do see that but this leaves me confused. If you are playing alone you'll always be the 'first' to do something. Is there no time limit? What is the acceleration method in the game that you are working against? It seems the game would lack any tension if you simply could have as long as you wanted to attain the goal, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Games are like songs: you never get tired of playing the best ones over and over, and you can enjoy them all by yourself.
badge
Can't we just have a friendly conversation wtihout having to make sense?
mbmbmbmbmb
As the game goes on, evil takes over the hex tiles (they're flipped over and become unplayable). So it's like the game Forbidden Island: you have to deliver those six gems before the whole world turns dark!

The special solitaire setup makes the world go dark at a challenging rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Eagle River
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
Gaming in Greater Anchorage area, Alaska since 1978. Looking for Indy-willing RPG players in Eagle River (or willing to drive to Eagle River). Geekmail me if interested.
badge
The Shattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
2sherman2 wrote:
Yep, I do see that but this leaves me confused. If you are playing alone you'll always be the 'first' to do something. Is there no time limit? What is the acceleration method in the game that you are working against? It seems the game would lack any tension if you simply could have as long as you wanted to attain the goal, no?

The goal is the same: get the 6 fragments to Ruktal, the high wizard.

Since it's multiplayer solitaire anyway, for the most part, and the game has an "everyone loses" non-win possibility, nothing changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.