Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Villains vs Heroes Playmat Gameplay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
When you guys have fight effects that are really important to the gameplay of the game like Burrow, do you do an even swap where the streets are in the Heroes playmat(Streets) versus the Villain playmat (Bank)?

I did in my last game (Villains mat) because I think it just makes it more difficult if they burrowed out closer to the edge of the city. However, I noticed that it's hard to be consistent with other fight effects throughout the game (Patrol, recruiting costs under certain spaces, etc.), trying to remind myself that "Oh wait this space is actually this space in the Heroes playmat"

Any suggestions or maybe an official ruling someone can cite?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The official ruling is to go according to what the thing you're playing on says. It's more fun that way, too -- adds variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
The official ruling is to go according to what the thing you're playing on says. It's more fun that way, too -- adds variety.

Agreed. I didnt even notice the Villains mat was different until I played using Burrow for the first time.

Now selecting to use the board or the mat is just one of the setup variables I take into consideration when playing.

Alternatively, if you want to use the mat but using the Hero direction, just move Villain deck to the escape pile and move left to right instead of right to left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:

It does twist some things around and makes some stuff harder, or easier. I like using the hero board setup, but like the villains mat. Until they give us an updated hero mat, I just use the villain mat and am familiar enough with the game to flip the city order in my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.