Popular Tags: [View All]
Daryl Andrews
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You to everyone who asked a questions and/or gave a thumbs up!
It was tons of fun being Geek of the Week.
Time flew by. Lots of great questions.

I nominate my sister from another mister... Tiffany Caires!

I joke that Tiffany is my convention wife. She usually takes care of me at cons and I always end up in the background of her awesome videos. I successfully kidnaped Tiffany (with the help of Sen Foong Lim) from Origins last year and brought her back to Canada. It was really fun hanging out and showing her my world. Tiffany even helped Odd Hackwelder & I with muling Essen games last year. Tiffany & I are also co-designing an awesome game (working title: "Cube Draft"). We hope to design a larger game using a similiar core mechanic. Furthermore, Tiffany is a co-host of a web show Im part of called the MEPPLE SYRUP SHOW. Tiffany is no stranger to videos, as she runs an amazing Youtube channel - all people should subscribe. Each video is creative, fun, and inspiring. I really appreciate how Tiffany is generous to the game community and cares about people. It always shows in each of her video blogs. Tiffany is one of the most compassionate people I know and I am honored to call her a friend!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOneTAR

Tiffany Ralph

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"Tiffany Caires is just can’t shut up about board games. Since starting her YouTube channel in 2013, Tiffany has produced nearly 300 videos about games and the gaming community. Under the brand name TheOneTAR, she creates game reviews filmed in unlikely locations, vlogs of major board game events, and live streams of her and her partner teaching and playing games. She's also a host for Meeple Syrup's Third Season and when she's not editing video or playing games, she's helping sell them as the market and media rep for Cloud Cap Games in Portland. You can always find her on Twitter @TheOneTAR, where she’s likely posting pictures of games, corgis, or her partner Steve."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Ralph

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw! Thank you Daryl!!! I'm super stoked to be Geek of the Week! Bring on the questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Tiffany! Enjoy your week in the spotlight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Tiffany!
Have a great week!

My usual question: Have you a favorite wizard? If so, who? If not, why? And which game (if any) is he/she from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beth Sobel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the top three board game related characters or things you'd like made into onesies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, welcome to the club!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Bavnshøj
Denmark
Brøndum
DK-9500 Hobro
flag msg tools
designer
NOW
badge
Visit us at www.osterskov.dk
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Tiffany. Hope you are having a great week!

What is your favorite spaceship? And why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gameritis Guy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Tiffany!!

Question: What's the best/worst pet-related board game catastrophe you've had to date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
missing the 2 truths and 1 lie poll ..... my favorite part!
beloveserve wrote:
Thank You to everyone who asked a questions and/or gave a thumbs up!
It was tons of fun being Geek of the Week.
Time flew by. Lots of great questions.

I nominate my sister from another mister... Tiffany Caires!

I joke that Tiffany is my convention wife. She usually takes care of me at cons and I always end up in the background of her awesome videos. I successfully kidnaped Tiffany (with the help of Sen Foong Lim) from Origins last year and brought her back to Canada. It was really fun hanging out and showing her my world. Tiffany even helped Odd Hackwelder & I with muling Essen games last year. Tiffany & I are also co-designing an awesome game (working title: "Cube Draft"). We hope to design a larger game using a similiar core mechanic. Furthermore, Tiffany is a co-host of a web show Im part of called the MEPPLE SYRUP SHOW. Tiffany is no stranger to videos, as she runs an amazing Youtube channel - all people should subscribe. Each video is creative, fun, and inspiring. I really appreciate how Tiffany is generous to the game community and cares about people. It always shows in each of her video blogs. Tiffany is one of the most compassionate people I know and I am honored to call her a friend!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOneTAR

Tiffany Ralph

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"Tiffany Caires is just can’t shut up about board games. Since starting her YouTube channel in 2013, Tiffany has produced nearly 300 videos about games and the gaming community. Under the brand name TheOneTAR, she creates game reviews filmed in unlikely locations, vlogs of major board game events, and live streams of her and her partner teaching and playing games. She's also a host for Meeple Syrup's Third Season and when she's not editing video or playing games, she's helping sell them as the market and media rep for Cloud Cap Games in Portland. You can always find her on Twitter @TheOneTAR, where she’s likely posting pictures of games, corgis, or her partner Steve."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Ralph

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chadnorth wrote:
Congratulations Tiffany!
Have a great week!

My usual question: Have you a favorite wizard? If so, who? If not, why? And which game (if any) is he/she from?

My favorite wizard is Eskarina Smith from Discworld! She's the first (and only) female wizard on the Disc and I love everything about her story thread. She's sadly not in a game (yet), though I'll have to search my Discworld Anhk-Morpork cards to make sure that's true
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
Mentre su New York calavano le prime ombre della sera...
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Tiffany, enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Ralph

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bethsobel wrote:
What are the top three board game related characters or things you'd like made into onesies?

Oh yes, you know exactly what questions I dwell on at night

I don't understand why there isn't a Meeple onesie yet. It'd be so easy! Alternatively, I think there's a real demand for train onesies. Not Thomas for us, imagine something more in line with an 18XX game. And then for my third onesie in the world of gaming would probably have to be a series of onesies for the Kitty Paw and Dog Circus games from Renegade Games. I mean, those games SCREAM onesie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Ralph

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jocab wrote:
Congratulations Tiffany. Hope you are having a great week!

What is your favorite spaceship? And why?

It might be my generation, but I love the Space Shuttle. I grew up in the launch path of the shuttle and got to see it go up several times as a kid and I am so in awe of it and the potential it represents. I do have a bigger love of the International Space Station, but I don't think that counts as a ship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Ralph

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameritisGuy wrote:
Congrats, Tiffany!!

Question: What's the best/worst pet-related board game catastrophe you've had to date?

Oh man! We had a dog fight between Ichi (my corgi) and my brother's 70lb lab UNDER the table we were playing Carcassonne. They literally flipped the table. It was simple to pull them apart and they were fine, but our game was EVERYWHERE in the living room. We had been playing on a card table and we still found Carc tiles a year later when we moved my brother out of that house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
There are twelve of us, Sire, and I place all the resources of my people unreservedly at your Majesty's disposal.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Tiffany, on your geekosity! I've been a big fan of your videos for a number of years now, and that's saying something: I tend to avoid boardgame-review videos as if my life depended on it! Yours, however, are always entertaining!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris James
United States
Payson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Tiffany! Well deserved.

Quote:
I don't understand why there isn't a Meeple onesie yet. It'd be so easy!

Like this one? You're right -- it was easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boxers or briefs?

Mayo or mustard?

Shoes vs. bare feet?

Eggnog vs. goats milk?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ofiesh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to you, Tiffany! Hope you have a great week.

I've heard of 'work wife' before but not 'convention/game wife.'

It begs a question: work husband or game hubby?
(standard spouses excluded from consideration)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bonnie Doiron
Canada
London
Ontario (ON)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Tiffany!!

What are your fave mechanics/mechanisms in games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
Upper Montclair
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Tiffany. Well deserved thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day Tiffany,

I try to remember to ask each Geek of the Week these gaming related questions, so to start with here's the ever so slightly modified GeekSpeak Hook questions for you:
Favourite game(s) for d10-1 player (optional, many non-wargamers wouldn't have an answer for this)
Favourite game(s) for d10-2 players
Favourite game(s) for d10-3 players
Favourite game(s) for d10-4 players
Favourite game(s) for d10-5 players
Favourite game(s) for d10-6 players
Favourite game(s) for d10-7 or more players (and you may choose a Party Game here although I wouldn't meeple )

Also Word Association Football , I will list a word and you list a game or games that you associate with it. If you like you can expand and tell us if you like it/them or hate it/them and possibly why.

Space ships
Witches
Trains
Transport (may include trains)
Workers (paid or otherwise)
Trading
Building
Pink
Theme
Ships
Money
Purple
Government
Vampires
Infrastructure
Dice
Dinosaurs
Gemstones
Dragons
Beer
Wands

Is there any particular game that you have played recently, new or old, that you would like to recommend to readers of this thread? And optionally, why?

Last but not least, what are the five games that you have played most recently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Tiffany! Enjoy your week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations on making Geek of the Week!

I have a few questions for you......
1 What is your opinion of war gaming?
2 Do you have a favorite war game; if so, what is it?
3 What are your opinions or memories of playing Risk?
4 What are your opinions or memories of playing Axis & Allies?
5 What game would you tell all gamers about that just has no publicity and that nobody knows about?
6 What game reminds you most of watching shuttle launches?

I thank you for your time. thumbsup cool

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annette Villa
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Tiffany! You have contributed so much to the community. Enjoy your much deserved geekery!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Tiffany!

I'm in your debt for posting a YouTube video on how to make these cool reversible dice bags:

I added a banana for scale.

Here's the video if anyone wants to follow suit:

They're not hard to make, but you either need a sewing machine or be prepared to do a bit of hand stitching.

I have only one question for you, namely to what does your username refer? Are you from North Carolina maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.